[SOLVED] Help!?! Boot Issue - Dell Insprion 5675 - Windows 10 - Set UefI to legacy and now it wont even boot up - fans run, but blank screen

Jun 27, 2021
Hi, I did something stupid. i was trying to recover a reset computer.
I have a dell Inspirion desktop gaming pc -ryzenfx 1800
1 nvme ssd
32 gb ram
fx580.

I was using the windows recovery options and on boot, stupidly selected "boot into legacy mode"
Upon restart, the computer went dead. the fans turn on, the lights turn on, no boot menu, completely black screen, nothing in the monitor.

Absolutely no response to the F2 key being held down. No response to holding down ESC + CRTL.
Removed the cmos battery, no luck
Removed the ram and cmos, no luck
Removed the jumper pin from the center to the 5-6 pin - no luck.
Now It's just spinning.
I've tried putting a bootable linux cinnamon usb into the usb slot at boot - no luck
I've tried putting a usb cd/dvd rom with linux cinnamon on dvd connected - no luck.
she's dead, Jim.

I found the manual on manuals lib - manual
and I looked on the Dell website for the thing here
Nothing is working.
Could the power/settings be hiding out somewhere?

I have been putting off resetting this machine forever, now the worst is here. I think this machine hates me, and I think I hate it.
I have looked online and read as many posts as I could find about the topic and I'm out of tricks.

Does any one have any more ideas or is there someone out ther who has fixed this in the past?

Solution
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Ok Guys, I'm posting this for the next unfortunate soul that has to go through this crap. Thanks to all who responded, but I must remind you that the computer DID NOT boot to a bios screen, or ANY screen at all. The fans and pretty led lights simply turned on and the screen remained black.

The solution: HARD Reset the BIOS

The reason that was a PROBLEM: I took it to a tech friend of mine, and he said that along with uefi/legacy boot, the way the BIOS is reset has changed. Earlier computers bios passwords could be bypassed or removed just by plucking the battery and replacing it. So Now, not all the motherboards reset when the bios battery is pulled or the jumpers move while the comp is off. It needed a HARD reset...
Jun 27, 2021
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Ok Guys, I'm posting this for the next unfortunate soul that has to go through this crap. Thanks to all who responded, but I must remind you that the computer DID NOT boot to a bios screen, or ANY screen at all. The fans and pretty led lights simply turned on and the screen remained black.

The solution: HARD Reset the BIOS

The reason that was a PROBLEM: I took it to a tech friend of mine, and he said that along with uefi/legacy boot, the way the BIOS is reset has changed. Earlier computers bios passwords could be bypassed or removed just by plucking the battery and replacing it. So Now, not all the motherboards reset when the bios battery is pulled or the jumpers move while the comp is off. It needed a HARD reset. What did he do?

He turn the computer on, and while it was booting up, he Plucked the BIOS battery and hit the jumpers - and it turned right on to default bios screen.

Working again. It not the best computer in the world, but its the best one I have spec wise , and since it has been a bane and a pain to me as a treat I think I will turn it into the living room gaming computer.

Hope this helps somebody else one day.

Cheers!

Solution