[SOLVED] [Help] Constant power issues with System, Exhausted many possibilities, one problem leads to another.

Jun 24, 2021
I'm At my Wits end, getting various issues with my computer and I've exhausted so many possibilities and options, any help would be greatly appreciated. (Computer Specs at Bottom)

The problem:

1. [1st Issue,(Symptoms from 2 weeks ago)]

• My Computer, on a UPS, Could not power on only at my home(No Fans or POST, Only GPU LED) even when plugged into another UPS and directly into the wall socket on both house stories.
  • 2 Other Systems work perfectly at Home.
2. [I Sent comp to a trusted technician]
  • Comp Turns on 1st try and reliably: CPU, Motherboard and PSU were sent in and returned with no Faults.
  • Computer Cleaned and connections checked, Comp was sent back to Me.
  • Computer was still unable to turn on at my home, Even when off of the UPS(NOTE: Computer turned on once after about 7 attempts, NO POST CODE)
3. [I Sent comp Back to Technician with UPS]
  • Computer Boots but does not detect drives. Replaced CMOS battery, Reset BIOS, Unplugged and replugged drives.
  • Computer now Boots and POSTS reliably (NOTE: He Got no errors or POST codes).
  • Computer is sent back to My home, which leads me to my second issue.
4. [2nd Issue(Symptoms from yesterday after coming back from technician twice)]
  • From when i received it back yesterday, my computer now powers on every time But with 5 short beeps on POST, Which indicates CPU failure.
  • Computer boots normally after beeps, runs normally including games.
  • A loud Buzzing Noise was initially coming from The CPU/CPU Cooler, but when slight pressure was applied to the cooler the noise changed/stopped.(All screws are properly in place, nothing is obstructing fan).
  • Noise is now gone, and I've only powered on the computer twice since I've received it back.
Additional Info:
  • House Had previous power issues, where a system could not power on only at home, fixed with a UPS.
  • My area has infrequent rolling blackouts that fried a system before. One occurred recently.
  • The night before my computer died, My House's power was tripped from a blown light, computer did not turn off but was on UPS power for a few seconds, the morning after it would not turn on.
  • 3 Other Systems are running perfectly in the house at the moment.
Computer Specs: (Age of components included)

CPU: Intel I5 10400 [1.5 Years]
GPU: GTX 1060 [3 Years]
PSU: Corsair VS550 [2 Years]
UPS: Kstar MicroPower UA100 [2 Years]
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H [1 Year]
RAM: Kingston 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 [1 Year]
CPU Cooler: MasterAir MA410P [1 Year]
HDD1: WD20EFRX 2TB [3 Years]
SSD1: ADATA SP600 128 GB [4 Years]
SSD2: KINGSTON A400 240 GB [4 Years]

Last edited:
Solution
You might consider testing your house wiring. If grounding is wrong, then strange things could happen, e.g., your UPS might not like something, or the power supply may act odd. Testers are cheap. Examples, a Google search for such devices in the "less than $10" category on up:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pow...AhVHuZ4KHYBHDf8Q1TV6BQgBEIYC&biw=1660&bih=824

Also, it isn't unusual for house wiring to be wrong in some way which does not show up for years.
So as of now....is this where we are?

• Computer, on my UPS, now powers on at Home But with 5 short beeps on POST, Which indicates CPU failure.
    • A loud Buzzing Noise was initially coming from The CPU/CPU Cooler, but when slight pressure was applied to the cooler the noise changed/stopped.(All screws are properly in place, nothing is obstructing fan).
  • Noise is now gone, and I've only powered on the computer twice since I've received it back.

Jun 24, 2021
So as of now....is this where we are?

• Computer, on my UPS, now powers on at Home But with 5 short beeps on POST, Which indicates CPU failure.
Yup,Recieved my computer back yesterday and every boot from then has had 5 short beeps

You might consider testing your house wiring. If grounding is wrong, then strange things could happen, e.g., your UPS might not like something, or the power supply may act odd. Testers are cheap. Examples, a Google search for such devices in the "less than $10" category on up:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pow...AhVHuZ4KHYBHDf8Q1TV6BQgBEIYC&biw=1660&bih=824

Also, it isn't unusual for house wiring to be wrong in some way which does not show up for years.

Solution
Jun 24, 2021

Thanks, i'll check it out for sure