angryturtle1337

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Pc:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Corsair Vengance RGB PRO TUF 16gb(8x2) 3200mhz (new)
EVGA 700 GD
Galax Rtx 2070 super EX
1TB Adata sx6000 pro
1TB Western Digital Blue 7200rpm (old)
240gb Kingston ssd (old)

Ever since I've built this pc I've been having random BSOD's, the error codes always change but its always about bad memory references (iqrl not less equal, kernel security check failure, apc index mismatch, etc) . At first I thought I had bad ram, but memtest86+ gave no errors in more than 10 passes, also stress testing and gaming doesn't seem to induce a bluescreen.

The bluescreens in question happen at random times but always in low usage scenarios like idling and internet browsing, I've never gotten it to happen during gaming. I've reinstalled windows countless times and it crashes even on clean installs. The only way I've managed to influence the frequency in which the bsod happen is through what usb ports im using to connect my mouse and keyboard, if I use the 3.0 ports or the ones next to the ps2 port my pc usually crashes within the hours but if I use the 2.0 ones then it can lasts a days without one, though that might've been a fluke.

The components which are completely ruled out are the psu (tried another one), ssd (tried installing windows in different drives) and ram (it gave no errors in memtest86+ and the frequency doesn't impact the stability of the system)

At this point I'm leaning towards the motherboard being faulty but I don't want to replace it and find out it was the cpu. Is there a way to make sure my cpu isnt faulty without trying it in another system?

angryturtle1337

Prominent
Aug 29, 2019
Update:

I once again did a clean install of Windows, except this time I didn't log into any microsoft account and installed no programs, with the exception of razer synapse which I suspected accelerated the process of getting a bsod, so far the pc hasn't crashed in more than 12 hours.

This is bizarre as I never installed anything special on my previous window installations only things like discord, steam, vlc, origin, etc. I'll continue to install programs to see if it bsod's

Reactions: Why_Me