Sep 8, 2024
I built this PC about a month and a half ago, all parts purcahsed off amazon excpet CPU cooler which was bought from B&H. All drivers and updates are up to date.
Parts are as follows:
- Motherboard - MSI Z790 Gaming Plus Wifi-AMZ
- CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF
- GPU: ASUS Dual DeForce RTX 4070 Super EVO OC Edition 12GB GDDR6X
- CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II LCD 360 AIO Liquid Cooler
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 RAM 32 GB (2x16GB)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply- 80 Plus Gold
- SSD: Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2TB
- Hard Drive: Segate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
- Fans: Lian Li UNI Fans SL- Infinity
- Windows 11

Up until about a week ago the PC ran perfectly fine with 0 problems.
As of lately the PC monitors will disconnect (power on the PC monitors don't shut down they just lose connection/can't find a signal to the GPU). When this happens I notice the LCD of my CPU cooler goes wack (It usually has an animation but it goes gray when this happens and the temp reading drops/shows 0°C).

All fans and LEDS funtcion normally when this happens as well. In one instance when I was in a game and this happened, I waited a couple minutes before I was going to shut the computer down; however, the monitor reconnected on its own but it was at the windows login screen and once I logged in all applications that were previously opened were closed (acting as I restarted the PC even though all fans/leds stayed on during the time the monitors disconnected/CPU cooler bugged out and then monitors reconnected/CPU cooler went back to normal). This makes me believe I can eliminate a power supply problem and it may be motherboard or CPU related. This motherboard has LEDs for a quick debug but no LEDS light up whenthis issue happens.
I also noticed that my headset(audio) and mic work when this happens, multiple times I have been in discord and when this problem occurs I can still hear people and sometimes they can hear me talk back.

Additonal Info when this occurs:
Sometimes I am able to play a game for hours before this happens and others it happens instantly when starting up a game. Once it happens it usually keeps happening when restarting PC and trying to go back into a game. If the problem occurs, sometimes when I restart the PC it doesnt connect to monitors at all. It has happened with multiple games and even once when I am just at the home screen only on discord (nothing else active).

Last edited: