[SOLVED] Help with connecting Bluetooth Headset using an external Bluetooth Adapter/ Dongle

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Hi All,
Could you please assist me with connecting a Bluetooth Headset using an external Bluetooth connector. Details are below:

Headset: Bluedio Turbine T2
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110-MS2
BT Adapter: Enter Ver. 2.0 (which says no drivers required)

I was able to connect the device to the PC, and it is showing under the Devices and Printer section. However, it is not getting recognized as an audio device.

For this, I came across few threads which showed these steps: Right click device> Properties > Services > Select the appropriate service like play music

The trouble is that the Services section is blank in my system. It takes some time to refresh the services section, and then nothing is displayed.

I have tried installing the drivers from Intel, Realtek and Bluesoleil.

Thank you.

Solution
Figured it out.

I bought a new adapter/ dongle which was a 4.0 version. That worked for me. For the Bluetooth drivers, I installed the BlueSoleil.

The bluetooth 2.0 adapter was able to connect the my headphones, but was not able to assign them as a music output device. The 4.0 was able to do so.

christopher.john.sr

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
Just for the sake of troubleshooting, is anything new?
Have the headphones been paired with something else (phone, tablet etc..) without issue?
Has the bluetooth dongle been used to connect other devices to the system you are using now without issue?
Can you use the dongle on a different system and attempt to pair the headphones?

Reactions: akaikisaki

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Just for the sake of troubleshooting, is anything new?
Have the headphones been paired with something else (phone, tablet etc..) without issue?
Has the bluetooth dongle been used to connect other devices to the system you are using now without issue?
Can you use the dongle on a different system and attempt to pair the headphones?

Thank you for you response. Apologies for the delayed response.

The headphones do pair successfully with my Android and other phones. It's just I have never paired them with a PC before.

My friend was also not able to connect anything with the same dongle. So, for the time being, I have ordered 2 different dongles, and will check whether they get the job done or not.

Will update once I receive them.

akaikisaki

Distinguished
May 16, 2014
Figured it out.

I bought a new adapter/ dongle which was a 4.0 version. That worked for me. For the Bluetooth drivers, I installed the BlueSoleil.

The bluetooth 2.0 adapter was able to connect the my headphones, but was not able to assign them as a music output device. The 4.0 was able to do so.

Solution