• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] Help with overclocking my i5 7600 CPU to 4.0 GHz

Mislav_1

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Hello there. Can someone help me with overclocking my CPU to 4.0 GHz its at stock. Anyone with good profiles?
I am using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. These are defaults for me: http://prntscr.com/oxux4n

What should I changed and to what?

Thanks

TJ Hooker

Glorious
Ambassador
I would also use something like hwinfo64 or CPU-Z to look at clock speeds, probably more reliable than task manager. Note that it will only go to max frequency under load. If you're limited by your GPU in games your CPU may not boost. Can look at max GPU and CPU usage while gaming to check (look at max usage on any single CPU core, not overall).

Mislav_1

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
Which Intel cpu would you recommend that is not expensive but really good still to play games like PUBG, COD:BO4, arma 3 and similar games on high-ultra settings

Mislav_1

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
CPU: i5 7600 3.5GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 16 GB (2x8) 3000MHz
PSU: Cooler Master 700W

1920x1080

TJ Hooker

Glorious
Ambassador
I would also use something like hwinfo64 or CPU-Z to look at clock speeds, probably more reliable than task manager. Note that it will only go to max frequency under load. If you're limited by your GPU in games your CPU may not boost. Can look at max GPU and CPU usage while gaming to check (look at max usage on any single CPU core, not overall).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS