Question High Ambient Voltage and random restarts/application crashes mobo issue?

Timmyctc1

Commendable
Sep 22, 2020
Specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 39 °C
Matisse 7nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02) (AM4) 41 °C
Graphics
2260WG5 (1920x1080@59Hz)
6128MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (Gigabyte)
Storage
223GB SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB (SATA (SSD)) 37 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA ) 32 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

My new build has been having intermittent but frustrating issues ever since I built it, never quite frequent enough to troubleshoot 100%.

Crashes are usually just full restarts out of nowhere with nothing in event viewer but "the last shutdown was unexpected" ,occasionally I will get a frozen system with the last audio looping through my headphones. The application crashes are usually when gaming and mostly related to Unityplayer.dll or d3d11.dll not responding.

There was a stage when the system also wouldn't recognise my page file and I was getting random page file BSODs but after a clean install that went away.

I've since replaced the GPU thinking it was the issue and I have tested a second set of RAM but the issue is persisting. I had a decent spell of stability with a unhealthy high Voltage like 1.47+ but I've noticed that at BIOS AUTO settings the voltage idles quite high for the processor at (according to the BIOS at least) so I'm wondering if this seems most like a CPU/MoBO/PSU issue? I'm really hoping to target the problem next rather than slowly end up replacing the whole system.

Things I have tried/tested, SFC, DDU, Prime95 (passes large FFTs with decent temps ~65-68), Clean windows install, Windows inbuilt memory tester (have replaced RAM so I'm not too concerned with memtest86+ right now) Played with voltages/XMP profiles/Clocks. Nothing really seemed stable barring the high voltage which realistically could have just been a coincidence.

Just mostly hoping for even a point in the right direction as while the crashes aren't necessarily constant they're very frustrating to troubleshoot.

TRENDING THREADS