[SOLVED] How can i fix my laptop not running games on high settings

Dec 1, 2021
My used laptop hp omen 15 2016 isn't running gaming like it should because the specs are good
Gtx 1050ti 4gb
16gb ram
Display is 3840×2160
Intel core i7 -7700HQ CPU 2.80GHz 2.8 GHz
It cannot even run rocket league correctly at low settings
And the fans are annoying I open a browser and it's like a plane

Solution
Might be worth reapplying fresh thermal paste if it still runs hot.
Also worth running some benchmarks to see how it performs compared to other systems with similar specs. (While nobody "plays" benchmarks all day, the same hardware should still get similar results.)
Another thing worth looking into is how the games are "supposed" to run on those specs. When games get updated over the years the requirements might change. Sometimes those higher requirements are reflected on the officially recommended specs, but often they aren't and the game just won't run as good as on release.
Might be worth reapplying fresh thermal paste if it still runs hot.
Also worth running some benchmarks to see how it performs compared to other systems with similar specs. (While nobody "plays" benchmarks all day, the same hardware should still get similar results.)
Another thing worth looking into is how the games are "supposed" to run on those specs. When games get updated over the years the requirements might change. Sometimes those higher requirements are reflected on the officially recommended specs, but often they aren't and the game just won't run as good as on release.

Solution