[SOLVED] How can I print from two networks?

dominikhh71

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
So I have two routers at home. Router1 is directly from my ISP, and router2 runs off of router1. The printer is connected to router1. How should I go about getting the devices on router2 to use the printer?

Solution
So I have two routers at home. Router1 is directly from my ISP, and router2 runs off of router1. The printer is connected to router1. How should I go about getting the devices on router2 to use the printer?
Is router2 required for isolation or is it just to provide WIFI and ethernet ? If it is NOT required for isolation, you can use router2 as an access point by disabling the DHCP server and connecting the uplink to router1 to a LAN port rather than the WAN port.

kanewolf

Titan
Is router2 required for isolation or is it just to provide WIFI and ethernet ? If it is NOT required for isolation, you can use router2 as an access point by disabling the DHCP server and connecting the uplink to router1 to a LAN port rather than the WAN port.

Reactions: dominikhh71
Solution

dominikhh71

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
It works great. The only problem is that now I can only access the settings of router1, but router2 is 'invisible'. How can I get to the settings? Only by resetting the router?

kanewolf

Titan
It works great. The only problem is that now I can only access the settings of router1, but router2 is 'invisible'. How can I get to the settings? Only by resetting the router?
It depends on the model of router2. In general you have to provide router2 with a static LAN IP address prior to disabling the DHCP server. The exact process for setting the LAN IP varies based on the router model. If you mess up, you do a factory reset and start over.

Reactions: dominikhh71

dominikhh71

Commendable
Jun 6, 2018
It depends on the model of router2. In general you have to provide router2 with a static LAN IP address prior to disabling the DHCP server. The exact process for setting the LAN IP varies based on the router model. If you mess up, you do a factory reset and start over.
It worked. Thank you for the fast and great replies.

TRENDING THREADS