Feb 14, 2021
So this is a problem that I woke up to today (a single on Valentines day) where my new build that’s been working pretty great since November suddenly won’t output any signal to my two monitors.

After looking around I’ve already tried a bunch of different things. New DisplayPort cables, tried HDMI on both monitors, tried outputting from all 4 slots on my GPU to both monitors individually, a different graphics card altogether, reseating the GPU, reseating the RAM, changed the power cable for the GPU. All of which have had no effects on the result.

Another problem is that I’m using a Ryzen 5600x which doesn’t support integrated graphics so I can’t run any diagnostics. The only thing that I’ve changed about my PC recently is the power supply, from a 650W to 750W. I did this after my PC would randomly crash and restart without warning or an error message while I was playing games. I thought this was a power issue as this happened on my old build and it was down to a failing power supply. I’ve double-checked all the connections that I changed when I swapped the PSU and they’re all firmly into their sockets.

To me, it feels like the motherboard isn’t talking properly with my GPU but I have no idea how this may have happened or what to do about it. Any and all suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Gigabyte Vision OC RTX 3070
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
PSU: Corsair TX750M semi-modular

What might have changed since all was well?
I imagine it is your new power supply.
Try re-installing the old psu and see if that fixes things.

The TX750m was introduced in 2017. Newer power supplies are designed to handle the quick power surges that the newer graphics cards require. Possibly, this is your issue.

Feb 14, 2021
What might have changed since all was well?
I imagine it is your new power supply.
Try re-installing the old psu and see if that fixes things.

The TX750m was introduced in 2017. Newer power supplies are designed to handle the quick power surges that the newer graphics cards require. Possibly, this is your issue.
Literally nothing has changed about my setup which was working fine literally 12 hours prior. I had turned it off then came back to it like this.

Interesting point about the power supply. I'll have a look at getting a newer one for the future.

Since your response, I've tried resetting the bios. Shorting the pins didn't work, however removing the CMOS battery and waiting an hour before replacing it has given me a post screen. I have no idea why this has worked, but now I'm worried about my issue happening again.