Question How do I stop my monitor's audio from going to sleep?

blueeyes_

Prominent
May 27, 2019
I have a problem where the audio playing through my hdmi connected monitor seemingly keeps going to sleep? (My sound system is connected to my monitor through a normal headphone jack) As in I might be listening to music or watching youtube videos and suddenly the audio stops playing.

To fix this I have to either turn my speakers off and on or repeatedly change the audio from the windows taskbar as if literally trying to wake up the speakers... This is happening maybe every 1-2 hours and isn't happening on my headphones which are directly connected to my computer.

I'm guessing the problem would be averted by connecting the speakers directly to the computer as well but I'd rather actually fix the problem.

Since you are using the pass-through on the monitor, I would start with checking with the monitor vendor support site to see if there is anything about your model known to do that, or contact their support.

If the music stoppage is exact, say every 60 minutes, then it could be some power saving in the monitor kicking in.

TRENDING THREADS