System32_76

Commendable
Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

I'm creating a Linux Mint golden system image with my apps and settings already configured
for deployment to multiple computers. I'll be using the Clonezilla software to do this, unless
there is software out there that is more effective and practical for this purpose.

Are there some precautions or recommendations that I should take to make this process
go much better?

I watched a video by Joe Collins on YouTube regarding this subject and he was saying
about when it comes to installing Mint, during the partitioning section, that you manually
configure the /home and /root partitions and remove the /swap partition instead of
letting Mint take care of the whole process automatically.

Solution
nah - if you know the basic about partitions, just follow the instructions.

Just one thing - this is quite obvious one, but still - make sure you know the HDD configuration on the computer before you start, as CZ list the devices by model name.

Long time ago (like maybe 15 yrs ago), I had some issues with CZ hanging, that seems to be resolved if I unchecked the GUI option (I don't remember the exact wording on that option right now). Since then I've always disabled it (just run in text mode all the way when it create the image).
I'll guess it's fixed by now and is just a habit I keep doing for no reason these days.
nah - if you know the basic about partitions, just follow the instructions.

Just one thing - this is quite obvious one, but still - make sure you know the HDD configuration on the computer before you start, as CZ list the devices by model name.

Long time ago (like maybe 15 yrs ago), I had some issues with CZ hanging, that seems to be resolved if I unchecked the GUI option (I don't remember the exact wording on that option right now). Since then I've always disabled it (just run in text mode all the way when it create the image).
I'll guess it's fixed by now and is just a habit I keep doing for no reason these days.

Solution