Jul 16, 2020
my laptop
acer nitro 5 i7 8gen gtx 1050 ti 256gb m.2 8gb ram

when i play assassins creed odyssey, gpu and cpu temps are reaching 93-94 celsius, even after having low graphic settings.
i installed msi after burner and tried to set a temperature limit, but temp limit in afterburner has no access, somebody please tell me how do i set temp limit to cpu and gpu?

Solution
Reducing game settings probably made it worse. The cpu workload goes up when FPS goes up, so lower game settings will result in higher FPS and cpu workload.

Things you can try
Only use the laptop on a flat surface and try propping up the back to increase airflow under the laptop.

Undervolting your cpu. Google guides on this, there are many detailed guides online.

Using an FPS limiter. If you have a 60Hz screen then set your FPS to 58-59. It’s best to go slightly lower.

Changing the thermal paste for cpu and gpu to high quality paste. This will likely void any warranty.

Reduce the maximum boost speed of the cpu. A program like Throttlestop can do this and the undervolting.
Reducing game settings probably made it worse. The cpu workload goes up when FPS goes up, so lower game settings will result in higher FPS and cpu workload.

Things you can try
Only use the laptop on a flat surface and try propping up the back to increase airflow under the laptop.

Undervolting your cpu. Google guides on this, there are many detailed guides online.

Using an FPS limiter. If you have a 60Hz screen then set your FPS to 58-59. It’s best to go slightly lower.

Changing the thermal paste for cpu and gpu to high quality paste. This will likely void any warranty.

Reduce the maximum boost speed of the cpu. A program like Throttlestop can do this and the undervolting.

Solution