Question How to troubleshoot Windows 10 won't boot?

Feb 20, 2020
Yesterday I built a new PC. All went well, Windows installed, drivers, software...
In the meantime the pc has been rebooted several times without any problems.
After a driver update/installation windows doesn't want to boot anymore. The logo of my mobo comes on and the windows dots keep spinning.
Ne some hard resets the pc goes into boot recovery, here it finds no problems and after doing a manual boot recovery there would be something wrong with the hard disk but it can't fix this, after all this it doesn't want to boot yet. I can boot in safe mode but I don't know what I can do here to solve the problem. Booting without driver signature doesn't work either
In the windows boot log very often the same group of repeating lines occur, is it possible something is wrong here?
What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 20, 2020
Since you can boot into safe mode, you can uninstall the driver causing problems from device manager and after being able to boot into Windows successfully, install the driver manually.
I agree, but do you have an idea how that i can find witch driver is causing the problem? There have been installed multiple drivers because it is a new pc and I didn’t keep track.
Thanks for the quick reply’s !

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
I agree, but do you have an idea how that i can find witch driver is causing the problem? There have been installed multiple drivers because it is a new pc and I didn’t keep track.
Thanks for the quick reply’s !
That's easy. Open Windows settings (Press the win key + "I" letter), go to Windows Update -> Update History, and from there you can uninstall recently installed Windows updates and driver updates.

Feb 20, 2020
That's easy. Open Windows settings (Press the win key + "I" letter), go to Windows Update -> Update History, and from there you can uninstall recently installed Windows updates and driver updates.
That I know, but they havent been installed via Windows update but a driver utility, this because my audio driver was acting strange and it installed/updated around 10 drivers. But the audio driver I have already removed with DDU so that can’t be the problem anymore i guess ? I do not know what other drivers it installed, besides som for amd chipset and other amd things.

Reactions: mkaafy
Feb 20, 2020
Driver installers usually create restore points, but they are deleted 'cause you have installed Forza Horizon. I guess that's what you mean?

Kind of, there are 2 restore points but when restoring them it fails on the big file from Forza because ouse it is a MS store app or something.

If you are going to install everything again and have backed up your data, do a Windows 10 reset.

Data I have, so that also was my last option, but I wanted to give it a try on the form because someone could know some magic trick.
Thanks for your time!

Reactions: mkaafy