Question HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower - Network randomly disconnecting

Nov 9, 2023
Hi. I have a spare HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower running Windows 10 that I use as a server PC. It is pretty much how it was out of the box. I have only ever opened it up to swap out the standard 4GB of RAM for 16GB.

It is difficult to use as a server PC because the network (wired connection) will randomly disconnect and require me to restart the machine by hand. I have tried using hardware monitoring programs to check things like RAM speeds, any errors, etc. I can't find anything useful.

Ideally, I would have this PC be running 24/7 with a network connection. Please help! Will be willing to provide any necessary info.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps see if the prebuilt has any BIOS updates pending? Might want to share the specs to your prebuilt or maybe even CPU-Z screenshots as to what you have to work with in terms of processor, motherboard and ram.

As for the networking card, are you tethered to an aftermarket networking card or the one that's built into the motherboard? Along those lines, what does the other end of the Ethernet cable terminate to? If it's a router, might want to see if said router has any firmware updates pending.

Nov 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Perhaps see if the prebuilt has any BIOS updates pending? Might want to share the specs to your prebuilt or maybe even CPU-Z screenshots as to what you have to work with in terms of processor, motherboard and ram.

As for the networking card, are you tethered to an aftermarket networking card or the one that's built into the motherboard? Along those lines, what does the other end of the Ethernet cable terminate to? If it's a router, might want to see if said router has any firmware updates pending.
Hm2BYGv.png

HHu5uwC.png
WZ14mKm.png
BYfpbgK.png

Here's some CPU-Z screenshots. I can't make heads nor tails of it. For the networking card, I'd have to assume it's the one built-in. I can't speak on my router situation because my ISP has a stranglehold on that and provided us with one. I will look into updating the BIOS.