Question HP IDT High Definition Audio Microphone Stops Working After Waking From Sleep

Aug 24, 2023
Hello,

About a month ago I've encountered a very strange problem with my laptop. The microphone stops recording any sound whenever I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up. It won't work for an extended period of time, and sometimes it'll just suddenly start working again. The sound driver is installed correctly. I've reinstalled Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 10 on this laptop and all three operating systems exhibit the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility problem. Even weirder is the fact that the microphone itself clearly works because it works occasionally. Is there a way to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
I've reinstalled Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 10 on this laptop and all three operating systems exhibit the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility problem.
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Was this after an update by the OS? If so, uninstall your audio drivers, then reinstall them in an elevated command.

Check to see if your laptop is pending a BIOS update. The most important thing, you forgot to mention the model to your HP laptop.

Aug 24, 2023
The source for Windows Vista and 7 are from the wayback machine and the source for Windows 10 is Microsoft website and the model is HP Elitebook 8440p (I tagged it) and it has no BIOS updates