Question HP laptop BIOS error 601 and 502 ?

Rodoux

Reputable
Nov 21, 2020
Hi, i have an HP Pavilion 15-dk0xxx Gaming Laptop and I noticed that recently, that when i unplugged my laptop it shut itself off as soon as the warning to plug it for the battery instead of waiting for a minute before shutting itself off (which was the time it used to take before), so i knew the battery life was dwindling. Two days ago when i turned on my laptop the BIOS error 601 appeared, but i could proceed to turn on my laptop and use it without any more issues. Today, when i turned the laptop on i got the BIOS error 502, i didn't do anything, the screen with the error 502 remained for a bit more than a minute, after which changed by itself to again, BIOS error 601, after that i could use my laptop normally.

Yesterday my laptop battery was stuck at 78%, i kept my battery plugged, even when i had closed my laptop, but it lowered to 58, and remained the same the whole day. Today my laptop battery percentage says 0% and doesn't increase, that is keeping it plugged the whole time.

Breport:
SYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEHP HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
BIOSF.13 09/04/2019
OS BUILD22621.1.amd64fre.ni_release.220506-1250
PLATFORM ROLEMobile
CONNECTED STANDBYNot supported
REPORT TIME2024-01-2300:01:52

Installed batteries​

Information about each currently installed battery
BATTERY 1
MANUFACTURERHewlett-Packard
CHEMISTRYLi-ion
DESIGN CAPACITY52,500 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY6,940 mWh
CYCLE COUNT-

I googled a bit and found that the error 601 is about the battery (which was expected due to what i already explained), but i didn't expect the 502 error. 1-. Is the 502 error related to the battery or is it about something else? 2-. If i send my laptop to be fixed, will they have to change just the battery or will they need to fix more things? 3-. I can update my BIOS, should i do it? I'm scared it might have problems due to my battery problem.

Thank you.

Last edited: