[SOLVED] HUGE Fps Dropping (160 to 20) every 15s in all games (I tried everything)

Jul 18, 2019
So, In every single game or even while googling, my fps drop from 160 to 20 and it stays like that for around 10 seconds.
I tried every single way to fix my problem, but none of them worked.. It just got worse.
Please Help Me! This is really annoying!

I have a GTX 1060 3GB , AMD 6300 FX , 8GB of ram , 1 TB TOSHIBA HDD. Windows 10 Latest Version (18/07/2019)

Solution
When you boot into Windows open Task Manager.

Click on the 'Performance' tab and you will see CPU, Memory, Disk etc.
See which one has a high % usage and next click on the'Processes' tab which coincides with the high % usage.
e.g. if CPU usage is a high % then click 'Processes' and next click on the CPU column at the top of the column to list the processes that are using the most CPU % in order from high to low.

This way you can see which program/Windows Service etc is using high resources and possibly causing your problem.

It certainly could be a virus or 3rd party program running that is slowing your system down or it could be a hardware fault.
This way you can start to find out what is slowing your PC down.
Jul 18, 2019
I changed my Nvidia settings , put my energy settings in max performance , updated my drivers , remove the indexing option in windows , I have disabled the option "Quite n' Cool" in the BIOS settings of my CPU, Rebooted my PC twice (Full Reboot and Windows Reboot) , cleaned all the dust , restarted my GPU , Rollback Drivers , Updated my Windows, Low game settings, checked for virus, CCleaner..

Is your cpu overclocked? Seems like bottleneck to me the low fps. Same thing happened to me with gtx 1070ti and ryzen 5 1400 until i switched to 3600. Can you get in a game probably a demanding one and check your cpu usage and gpu usage probably at this drops your gpu usage will drop.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
When you boot into Windows open Task Manager.

Click on the 'Performance' tab and you will see CPU, Memory, Disk etc.
See which one has a high % usage and next click on the'Processes' tab which coincides with the high % usage.
e.g. if CPU usage is a high % then click 'Processes' and next click on the CPU column at the top of the column to list the processes that are using the most CPU % in order from high to low.

This way you can see which program/Windows Service etc is using high resources and possibly causing your problem.

It certainly could be a virus or 3rd party program running that is slowing your system down or it could be a hardware fault.
This way you can start to find out what is slowing your PC down.

Solution
... including the PSU manufacturer, model, wattage, and how old it is, RAM model and speed etc.
I highly doubt you will need 16 GB RAM paired with your current specs - the fact that this is a recent thing and not something happening all along proves this. Same goes with CPU upgrade. If it was a CPU too slow, then why would it have only started 7 months ago?
Having FPS drops that last a specific amount of time suggests it is a background process takijg a chunk out of your system's resources. So, you are going to want to do a few things to try to stop this.
Firstly, download https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and do as full system scan, as well as leave all realtime scanning on during the 14 day free trial. The reason why is suggest Malwarebytes is because it finds lots of nasty stuff that other antiviruses don't even consider to be malware, or skip over. Delete or quarantine everthing Malwarebytes finds.
In addition this, if you use optimisers, driver updaters, speed boosters etc, then uninstall them if Malwarebytes doesn't remove them itself. If you were using them, then, uninstall all drivers ('uninstall a program' from Control Panel), and get the latest drivers straight from the official websites. Plus, you should make sure they didn't damage any Windows files. Open the start menu, and search for CMD. Right click command prompt and choose run as administrator, then allow it. Type "sfc /scannow" (without the "). This will take a long time. Allow it to finish.
Next, right click the bar thing at the bottom of Windows, and choose Task Manager. Look at the startup tab, and disable anything non-vital. Do not disable Nvidia, Steam, Sound drivers, etc. Only things that you dont need. If in doubt, just ask whether you should disable it.

TRENDING THREADS