Symb1

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
Hey I need an advice how to improve my gaming performance. I was for the longest time playing on 1080p/60hz monitor meaning I capped my fps with vertical
sync (60fps) and I could play smoothly any game on ultra setting 1080p.

However I recently bought 175hz FHD HDR Monitor with Adaptive Sync meaning I no longer need to cap my fps with vertical sync or in game for a lot
smoother gameplay, but now with bigger fps ranges, the difference between Max Fps and 1% Low is just too high for me to ignore. The stuttering/tearing even
with adaptive sync on is really annoying and it results in not so smooth gameplay.

You may be asking why I don't lower in-game settings, but that won't fix the issue.
Let's say on Ultra my 1% is 60FPS and Max is 130FPS, when I lower it to Medium my 1% goes up to 70FPS but my Max is now 145FPS so the gap stays.

My GPU is averaging 95-96% utilization, no idea why it can't go to 100%, v-sync is off and I'm not capping frames anymore.
CPU utilization averages around 50% or so, can spike up to 85% which should still not result in a CPU bottleneck.
CPU Temps are no more than 71°C and Gpu maxes out around 65°C.
CPU + GPU are in default mode ( no overlocking ).
I have SAM enabled.
Power Plan - High Performance ( not sure if it matters, pretty sure games can overwrite it anyway ).
Also I don't have 100% Disk usage so SSD is not causing the issue either.

The oldest part in my PC is CPU that I bought almost 5 years ago, is it worth upgrading or is the issue somewhere else? My goal is to play games on 1080p,
Ultra settings only. Also I don't care about raytracing.

My spec:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: AMD RX 7600
RAM: 4x8 GB DDR4 - 3200MHZ
STORAGE: NV2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 1TB