EduardoG357

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, so I was messing with my folders and I can't find one of my folders which contains all the files of my D: drive. The only way to access it is through Quick Access and finding a file located in the folder I made as backup containing all my stuff in. When I go on my D: drive the folder with everything is not there but it's accessible through Quick Access.

Info
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
1TB HDD

Ironarmygeneral

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015
Hi, so I was messing with my folders and I can't find one of my folders which contains all the files of my D: drive. The only way to access it is through Quick Access and finding a file located in the folder I made as backup containing all my stuff in. When I go on my D: drive the folder with everything is not there but it's accessible through Quick Access.

Info
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
1TB HDD
If you right click on the file through quick access, or on the main tabs (on the top of file explorer), what are the file visibility settings set at? You, someone else, or something else may have changed them. Windows has file hiding functions but usually it has to be set manually. I would start there and see if it was set to hidden some how.

EduardoG357

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
If you right click on the file through quick access, or on the main tabs (on the top of file explorer), what are the file visibility settings set at? You, someone else, or something else may have changed them. Windows has file hiding functions but usually it has to be set manually. I would start there and see if it was set to hidden some how.
I think that folder disappeared or went invisible. Is their a setting to turn off where I can see it. I can still access all the files through quick access but the folder is not in my D: drive

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Download app named totall commander, fondel with settings and check hidden and system files. If the folder is there, you will find it. Its a very usefull app when copying files from and to usb, external disks and network drives. I use it all the time. Nothing can hide from it. Start app as administrator