May 10, 2020
Hi.

I bought a Palit Geforce RTX 2070 Super GamingPro (notice the manufacturer) for 598$. However, I could have bought a Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro+ for 563$.

Now, I do not think Palit makes the best performance wise GPU's, but I could be wrong. The 2070S has a max clock of 1770MHz, while the Nitro+ has a whopping 2010MHz.

Which of these GPU's are best, and should I regret buying the 2070S? I do not care about the 30 bucks as long as the 2070S is better. But I am afraid Palit makes weaker than average GPU's, and the Nitro+ would've maybe been a better choice. The driver issues RX5700XT seems to have been fixed too.

Which one is better?

Solution
Hi thank you for the reply.

I live in Norway and the prices are more expensive here than in other countries. You said that the 2070S is better than 5700 XT. Does that include my Palit 2070S, or is my 2070S weaker than a Nitro+. Palit isn't a well known manufacturer and I am really unsure whether it actually is better than the Nitro+. If my 2070S was a MSI, Asus or Aorus it would be pretty clear. Unfortunately I bought the cheapest 2070S on the market and it might be weaker than other 2070S's. Does the 2070S > Nitro+ point still apply to me?

My GPU has 3 fans, and I will be playing at 1440p on a 144hz monitor.

There aren't big differences in performance between brands. They're all working with the same basic guts from Nvidia...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Clock rate differences aren't all that useful when comparing different GPUs.

The 2070 Super is an overall faster GPU than the RX 5700 XT, by about 10-20% in framerates in most games at 1080p (though there are some games in which the 5700 XT gets an edge). It really depends what you're playing andat what resolution

Whether it was a good purchase is harder to say. It depends on where you are. In the US $598 isn't a great price for a 2070 Super; ASUS, Gigabyte, and Zotac at a minimum have solutions that are cheaper (and I'm not considering any one-fan mini versions), with the last one found for $60-$80 less usually. Though there is some waiting involved as the coronavirus supply situation has hit PC components and a lot of things are sold out right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xvoinx
May 10, 2020
Clock rate differences aren't all that useful when comparing different GPUs.

The 2070 Super is an overall faster GPU than the RX 5700 XT, by about 10-20% in framerates in most games. The 5700 XT is a nice GPU, but AMD doesn't directly compete with Nvidia right now at the top of the product stack.

Whether it was a good purchase is harder to say. It depends on where you are. In the US $598 isn't a great price for a 2070 Super; ASUS, Gigabyte, and Zotac at a minimum have solutions that are cheaper (and I'm not considering any one-fan mini versions), with the last one found for $60-$80 less usually. Though there is some waiting involved as the coronavirus supply situation has hit PC components and a lot of things are sold out right now.

I live in Norway and the prices are more expensive here than in other countries. You said that the 2070S is better than 5700 XT. Does that include my Palit 2070S, or is my 2070S weaker than a Nitro+. Palit isn't a well known manufacturer and I am really unsure whether it actually is better than the Nitro+. If my 2070S was a MSI, Asus or Aorus it would be pretty clear. Unfortunately I bought the cheapest 2070S on the market and it might be weaker than other 2070S's. Does the 2070S > Nitro+ point still apply to me?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

There aren't big differences in performance between brands. They're all working with the same basic guts from Nvidia. The differences come (mostly) down to cooling solutions and customer service. Palit doesn't have the reputation for strong customer service as brands like MSI and EVGA and can be downright miserly in some of their policies, such as third-party warranty (though I haven't checked if they've changed that recently).

On 1440p, the case for the Nvidia isn't as strong as that's now the 2070 Super's advantage in most of the benchmarks. I'd personally choose the 2070 Super over a 5700 XT due to heat and power, but I'm not as price-conscious as most consumers are.

Reactions: Xvoinx
Solution
May 10, 2020
There aren't big differences in performance between brands. They're all working with the same basic guts from Nvidia. The differences come (mostly) down to cooling solutions and customer service. Palit doesn't have the reputation for strong customer service as brands like MSI and EVGA and can be downright miserly in some of their policies, such as third-party warranty (though I haven't checked if they've changed that recently).

On 1440p, the case for the Nvidia isn't as strong as that's now the 2070 Super's advantage in most of the benchmarks. I'd personally choose the 2070 Super over a 5700 XT due to heat and power, but I'm not as price-conscious as most consumers are.

This really helped out a lot, I appreciate it. Have a good day sir :)

Latest posts