Question I think my AIO pump may be dead - - - - is it hard to change it ?

Aug 10, 2024
So I bought this PC like 9 months ago ,but not I encounter a big problem. My CPU seems to heat up up to 90C while gaming(only LoL) and sometimes idle at 70-80 C. I emailed the site where I bought my PC from and they suggested I should update my BIOS. I did it and it didn't solve [. Went throught their site and found out their warranty excludes AIO Coolling....so that's nice. I reasearched a little and found out that my pump might be dead or clogged, because both pipes are warm-hot. My question is how can I repair it without using my warranty? I don't have any experience whatsoever . I know a guy that can help, but is changina a pump hard? Are they universal or something? What should I buy for my PC?

I should mention this is my config:

1x AZZA Legionaire Midi-Tower - black»

1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X - 16x 4.5GHz (Turbo 5.7GHz) 64MB L3-Cache AM5 »

1x Water cooling -Systemtreff ITS-360C Phaser - 3x120mm Lüfter ARGB Schwarz »

1x ASUS PRIME X670-P WIFI - AMD AM5 - DDR5 »

1x 64GB DDR5 TeamGroup T-Force VULCAN rot - DDR5 - 2 x 32 GB - 6000 MHz »

1x AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT 16GB GDDR6 »

1x 850W Be Quiet! System Power 10 Power supply BN330 80+ Gold »

1x 1TB M.2 SSD (NVMe) MSI Spatium M450 PCIe 4.0 »

So I bought this PC like 9 months ago ,but not I encounter a big problem. My CPU seems to heat up up to 90C while gaming(only LoL) and sometimes idle at 70-80 C. I emailed the site where I bought my PC from and they suggested I should update my BIOS. I did it and it didn't solve shit. Went throught their site and found out their warranty excludes AIO Coolling....so that's nice. I reasearched a little and found out that my pump might be dead or clogged, because both pipes are warm-hot. My question is how can I repair it without using my warranty? I don't have any experience whatsoever . I know a guy that can help, but is changina a pump hard? Are they universal or something? What should I buy for my PC?

I should mention this is my config:

1x AZZA Legionaire Midi-Tower - black»

1x AMD Ryzen 9 7950X - 16x 4.5GHz (Turbo 5.7GHz) 64MB L3-Cache AM5 »

1x Water cooling -Systemtreff ITS-360C Phaser - 3x120mm Lüfter ARGB Schwarz »

1x ASUS PRIME X670-P WIFI - AMD AM5 - DDR5 »

1x 64GB DDR5 TeamGroup T-Force VULCAN rot - DDR5 - 2 x 32 GB - 6000 MHz »

1x AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT 16GB GDDR6 »

1x 850W Be Quiet! System Power 10 Power supply BN330 80+ Gold »

1x 1TB M.2 SSD (NVMe) MSI Spatium M450 PCIe 4.0 »
All hoses in any AIO are crimped to fittings and fittings are not removable and changeable. In any case, I doubt manufacturer offers pump replacement and you would have to sacrifice another similar cooler to get it or use a cold plate and pump from a custom cooling kit.
If pump is dead. only full cooler replacement can help or the above which would probably cost more than decent AIO cooler.
If it's just clogged, you can try removing just cold plate from the pump (small screws on it) , clean it, flush and replace coolant although it's very tricky and you may need new gaskets for it. No idea if manufacturer offers those.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
That is strange that the AIO does not have a warranty from the manufacture, many are 3 years.
Never hear of that brand, seems they are a system building company so maybe it is rebranded.

Have you done the very basic repaste the cooler maybe it was installed incorrectly.

AIO are pretty much disposable and non repairable.

I suspect your best option is to buy a air cooler you can get many for under $50. This is the most extensive single source I have found for rating air coolers. What you want to look at most is test they do at 200 watts. Your cpu should not be putting out more than 200 watts of heat so you really should not need a water cooler.
https://gamersnexus.net/coolers/best-air-coolers-cpus-2023-thermals-noise-value