Sep 26, 2018
Hello guys,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and AIO (specs below). After installation, my CPU temperature did not improve and it got about 4-5 Celsius higher. I checked fan speeds, they are performing fine and I recently dusted out the system.

I plugged the AIO Pump into the Pump header on my motherboard, the two radiator fans onto the CPU and CPU OPT fan headers, one had to use an extension cable. The fans aren't loud or anything.

Right now the temps are bouncing between 36 to 44C, not sure if this is normal or not and if it's still possible for me to attempt to overclock. CPU% around 19-21%

My specs:

CPU: i5 8600K
MB: Asus Prime Z390-A
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070
AIO: Deepcool L240 V2
HDD: WD Black 500GB M.2
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 2133mhz (Corsair Vengeance and GSkill Mix)
PSU: CX650M Corsair

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Unfortunately idle/low load temperatures don't really tell us much, your low load temperatures certainly seem normal, but it's high load temperatures that will tell you if you have OC headroom really.

Running a program like Prime95 or AIDA and testing temperatures may help (HWInfo can be used to monitor temps).

Also your ambient (room) temperature is important for overall load temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: victus629
Sep 26, 2018
Unfortunately idle/low load temperatures don't really tell us much, your low load temperatures certainly seem normal, but it's high load temperatures that will tell you if you have OC headroom really.

Running a program like Prime95 or AIDA and testing temperatures may help (HWInfo can be used to monitor temps).

Also your ambient (room) temperature is important for overall load temps.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I want to OC and test it. But I have never OC'd before and I tried using my MB's AI OC feature, but it prevented my system from booting. Do you know any guides available?

My room temps are like the same as yesterday, when I still had my old mb, which was like constant 30-35 idle.
But since it looks fine, I will just stop worrying then.

If your idle temp is 10-15c. over ambient, it tells us that your cooler is mounted well and is functioning.
Motherboard automated OC apps seem to be a bit aggressive.
A gradual increase of the multiplier in the motherboard bios is probably best.

Last edited:
36 to 44C seems a bit high. I live in the UK and my 8700K overclocked to 4.9GHz on a 360Mm AIO is running at 28 to 29 degrees C at idle. I have a Z370 Gigabyte Aorus 7 motherboard and ambient is about 14 to 16 and add a few degrees for my room today in London.

Dependant on what your ambient is and it is higher than mine, then you are fine, otherwise I would look to see what processes are running to make sure nothing is boosting your CPU past about 10% load in idle. Also check to make sure you are in balanced power mode in Windows and if not reinstall the CPU block for the AIO again.

Aug 28, 2019
Hello guys,

I recently upgraded my motherboard and AIO (specs below). After installation, my CPU temperature did not improve and it got about 4-5 Celsius higher. I checked fan speeds, they are performing fine and I recently dusted out the system.

I plugged the AIO Pump into the Pump header on my motherboard, the two radiator fans onto the CPU and CPU OPT fan headers, one had to use an extension cable. The fans aren't loud or anything.

Right now the temps are bouncing between 36 to 44C, not sure if this is normal or not and if it's still possible for me to attempt to overclock. CPU% around 19-21%

My specs:

CPU: i5 8600K
MB: Asus Prime Z390-A
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070
AIO: Deepcool L240 V2
HDD: WD Black 500GB M.2
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 2133mhz (Corsair Vengeance and GSkill Mix)
PSU: CX650M Corsair

Compatible Device
First Support CPU Core i5 Coffeelake i5-8600K 1003.6GHz 1.5MB 9MB U0 95 UHDGraphics630 1150MHz 7B98v10.zip
Inspired from the architectural desing with the extended heatsink for having better thermal solution; also Intel CNVi ready, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost, Core Boost, Turbo M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen2 connector
Support For Z390-A PRO

----------------------------------------
Second try
ASUS Z390-A drivers

ASUS Z390-A drivers

Free drivers for ASUS Z390-A

Windows 10 Windows 10 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Others BIOS

Good Luck

Sep 26, 2018
If your idle temp is 10-15c. over ambient, it tells us that your cooler is mounted well and is functioning.
Motherboard automated OC apps seem to be a bit aggressive.
A gradual increase of the multiplier in the motherboard bios is probably best.
what do you mean by over ambient? like room temperatore? my room temperate is set at 22-24. Then that it means its probably fine? Anyways I will try stress testing and maybe do a light oc. I have no idea what the multipliers are tbh lol.