[SOLVED] If I [Manually] Record with the GeForce Experience’s Video Software, Does it Still Create Tmp/Temporary Files on my SSD?

PCSlayer3001

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
As the title states, using Nvidia’s Shadowplay software, if I only use [manual recording], and not enable the instant replay/background live recording functions, will the video file just be saved to where I directed it to (my HDD)?

I don’t want my SSD having read/write interaction with video software since those temporary files that Shadowplay likes to create are sometimes quite large. Basically, I’m just here for clarity on what interaction the software will/won’t have on my SSD if the file location for my videos is my HDD (and I only manually record).

Solution
You can also change the temp folder...
Also having spacesniffer running and showing the ssd while recording will tell you if there is anything accessing the ssd.

Also also ssds have enough headroom for I/O that you don't have to worry about it, they do not fail that fast.
You can also change the temp folder...
Also having spacesniffer running and showing the ssd while recording will tell you if there is anything accessing the ssd.

Also also ssds have enough headroom for I/O that you don't have to worry about it, they do not fail that fast.

Solution