Discussion I'm having a few problems. not sure if i should make a new thread for each one.

epicevan

Honorable
Feb 10, 2017
First off, I know enough to build a PC and that AMD and Intel have different MBs. But I know absolutely nothing about GPU's and software and litte on cpus. Ps I'm not Really sure how to use the Forums sorry if I’m not very concise.
Here’s my Specs

Motherboard: 990FXA-UD3
Ram: Patriot 16GB(2x8GB) Viper III DDR3 1866MHz…. but runs at 800mh for me
Case: CyberPowerPC gua250
Cpu: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Cpu fan: the base one that came with it
GPU: MSI gtx 1060 6gb with 2 fans
Storage: Samsung evo ssd 1 tb

First off my CPU a AMD Fx-8350 is on the <Mod Edit> and all the sudden One YouTube video on fireFox is taking 20 to 40% And for about a month my CPU/Cpu fan has started making a lot of noise even idling it's idle temperature was 40 to 50 Celsius, it seems switching my power plan to “power saving” has fixed it. the idle tem is back to 26-30c with one video it can get up to 35-6ish though. I've had the CPU for three years and this is the first time it's done this. Is this a sign it's going out?
I've also been having a problem with system interrupts Being at 100% until I open task manager and then it goes away. it seems power-saving mode has fixed this too though.. Is this another sign that my CPU is going out or something else? or a Virus?

I've been using the stock cooler that came with it So I thought of switching out with a better one but my case is kind of small so it wouldn't allow a good fan upgrade. Because of this i'm looking to upgrade my slightly small but very annoying case with this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Carbide-Series-275Q-Mid-Tower-Quiet-Gaming-Case-%E2%80%94-Black/p/CC-9011164-WW#tab-tech-specs
As it has plenty of space and is quite not really asking anything here just my mindset.

My motherboard is also kind of old and several of the back IO have burnt out? so I'm thinking of replacing it And I was looking at the B450 tomahawk or its Max but On Amazon it's three times its normal price and it’s sold out on Best Buy and Newegg is there a good alternative? I've been looking but I've made no headway. One requirement for the motherboard is that it has to be compatible with the stick SSDs as I plan to upgrade my storage in the future.

If I replaced my motherboard I would upgrade to DDR 4 so I'd have to get new ram and as my last experience with ram was pretty bad I was wondering if you guys knew any good DDR4 ram that doesn't have false advertising…

And if my CPU is really going out do you guys have any idea on a good replacement? I might just get the same one if not As my CPU seems to have pretty high speed I bought mine for $180 and now it's around $140 I don't understand why CPUs that have the same or slower speed are more expensive!!

if you're bored and you have some info/opinions to bless me with. please do!!
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off my CPU a AMD Fx-8350 is on the Sh&ts
??

This is not a typical symptom for a bad CPU. From what you write here, it seems likely that malware is the reason why the CPU are working harder.

Malware can abuse your CPU resources for various reason, a brute force attach, mining crypto currency, etc. It makes your computer a zombie, and you pay the electrical bill for someone else so to speak.

Reactions: epicevan

epicevan

Honorable
Feb 10, 2017
??

This is not a typical symptom for a bad CPU. From what you write here, it seems likely that malware is the reason why the CPU are working harder.

Malware can abuse your CPU resources for various reason, a brute force attach, mining crypto currency, etc. It makes your computer a zombie, and you pay the electrical bill for someone else so to speak.

Is there an easy way to fix this as I have an antimalware program but it doesn't detect anything (Malwarebytes Free)
and why would power Switching in between power save mode fix this? ( temporarily )

Last edited:

epicevan

Honorable
Feb 10, 2017
DO you mean to say that windows somehow does reset this setting to it's former state ?
[/QUOTE]
Nah, I would turn off power saver mode to play games or use discord as my cpu's speed in that mode is 1.75-2.30ish GHz and things start breaking

if I do reformat can I save any data or do I have to burn it all?

TRENDING THREADS