[SOLVED] I'm not sure if my GPU is running at it's full potential

Apr 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

New user to Tom's hardware and a new PC builder to.

Please can i ask for help!

I have built my gaming PC last week and couldn't be happier with it until I've got it into my head that my GPU isn't preforming to what it should be or if i'm bottle necking either my CPU or GPU ?

I have a radon 5700 paired with a Ryzen 5 3600.

I ran borderlands 3 on ultra settings and was averaging around 75fps but on Youtube videos, that were benchmarking the same game with the same GPU and CPU were gaining higher FPS around 95-100.

So now i'm unsure if everything in my rig is running to what it should be.

I should mention i have 2 x 8 DDR4 Ram 3000mhz Ballistix and a ASRock B450 Steel legend motherboard with a be quiet 600w gold+ PSU.

Please can someone shine some light on this for me and give me some advice on what i can do ?

Thank you :)

Solution
okay Thanks!

Any suggestions on what I could try to do to improve the performance ?

Make sure your temps are ok and you could try lowering the settings from ultra to high and see if that works out and download msi afterburner and try to cool down gpu while gaming. but your specs are ok nothing to worry about with bottleneck.
okay Thanks!

Any suggestions on what I could try to do to improve the performance ?

Make sure your temps are ok and you could try lowering the settings from ultra to high and see if that works out and download msi afterburner and try to cool down gpu while gaming. but your specs are ok nothing to worry about with bottleneck.

Reactions: RadeonBose
Solution