Question Installed new PSU and now GPU doesn’t work

Sep 3, 2020
Hello, I recently upgraded my psu cause I was thinking about upgrading my GPU later. I went out and got a thermaltake 850 and installed it. Well now my GPU won’t turn on and when I plug in the old psu the GPU is the only thing to get power. Need help.
Spec’s
CPU- I9-9900k
motherboard- ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
OLD PSU- Corsair 600 watt
NEW PSU- thermaltake 850 watt
GPU- 1070 founders addition

I made sure all cables we’re connected and even switched out the new psu’s peci cord cause I thought it wasn’t working.

I have a question, when reading the quote above, I'm a little uncertain if you changed cables as well : Are you using your old cables, or the new ones that came with the new PSU?

Modular PSU cables are not interchangable between brands, and sometimes even different PSU models from the same brand, does not use the same modular cables.

You should only be using only the cables that came with the new PSU.

Sep 3, 2020
I have a question, when reading the quote above, I'm a little uncertain if you changed cables as well : Are you using your old cables, or the new ones that came with the new PSU?

Modular PSU cables are not interchangable between brands, and sometimes even different PSU models from the same brand, does not use the same modular cables.

You should only be using only the cables that came with the new PSU.
I used the new cables due to my old PSU being non-modular

Sep 3, 2020
UPDATE: I’ve got the pc to start with the old PSU and the reason I updated PSU is because I saw that for the 30 series I needed a 850 watt PSU. So I’m thinking about contacting thermaltake and see if they can take it back and look at it.