Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2021
Hello all,

I have a problem regarding intel(r) management and security application local management's driver

I have recently encountered a strange problem after an automatic driver update for Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.16.1.
The problem being that after the update then the driver for "intel(r) management and security application local management" has been completely disabled from the device manager whilst stating that "this hardware device is not connected to the computer".
unknown.png

The event viewer has also been displaying numerous error messages resulting from this in which states that the LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
Additionally, the Windows Services Manager seems to be missing the intel(r) management and security application local management service.

I have attempted to perform a system restore in which failed to fix the issue and also tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting in which also failed to make a difference.

Therefore, does anybody know how to overcome this issue and/or know where I can reinstall the intel(r) management and security application local management as I cannot seem to find the required driver from intels website or Microsoft updates.

Thank You

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K

Last edited:
Solution
1621 is out, it doesn't mention adding anything but its possible that if you updated Intel management engine interface (I am assuming that process that doesn't work is part of it) then it often helps to have the BIOS that matches.

its possible service needs a part of the bios to be there to run?

Colif

Win 11 Master
1621 is out, it doesn't mention adding anything but its possible that if you updated Intel management engine interface (I am assuming that process that doesn't work is part of it) then it often helps to have the BIOS that matches.

Solution
Jun 1, 2021

Hi Colif,

I have updated the bios but nothing has changed regarding the driver.

Any ideas where I can locate the install driver for intel(r) management and security application local management as as I cannot seem to find the required driver from intels website or Microsoft updates.

Thanks again :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried running
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I don't know if this helps - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l-driver/e1662179-516e-4c07-a7f8-6c2540ab321e

the Intel Management and Security Application that lets you you access, troubleshoot, and manage PCs using intel Core vPro processors remotely.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021
have you tried running
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I don't know if this helps - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...l-driver/e1662179-516e-4c07-a7f8-6c2540ab321e

the Intel Management and Security Application that lets you you access, troubleshoot, and manage PCs using intel Core vPro processors remotely.

Hi again,

Yes I have tried those scans before and they did not detect any issues.

I tried the scans once again and as you see from these results then everything seems healthy:

qbZNkzF.jpg

I will research more into the link you provided but at the moment then I do not think I will be downloading the Intel Management Engine driver as of yet.

My Intel Management Engine driver is fully functional and would be a severe downgrade to my current drive [Driver version 2131.1.4.0] to download from the provided guide [Driver version 2019.14.0.1587] as to avoid risks of compatibility issues with some of my newer intel drivers [Increased risk since system restore failed to fix/recover from my previous driver]

I will try to search for a driver with the same version as my corrupted management and security application local management driver [2109.0.52.0]

Thanks again :)

P.S. If anybody else has any similar experience then please jump onto the discussion train :D

Status
Not open for further replies.