Question Intel Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V This device cannot start. (Code 10)

kapul4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
Greetings, today after booting up my month year old setup, I couldn't connect to the internet via lan connection. I tried everything- changing bios settings, deleting drivers, rebooting, reinstalling, but the network controller in the title simply won't start. The light on the lan port is not turning on and neither on the router. I tried different cable but still the same. Tested the router's lan port and works fine. Device manager lists the device with correct name but yellow exclamation mark. Under properties it says
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.
Under events tab, latest one is
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15FA&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_11\3&11583659&0&FE had a problem starting.

Could it be that 1 in a 100000 chances the network controller is dead on a brand new motherboard?

Update: Just upgraded to Win 11 to see will that fix it but no, still the same. I also noticed on both Windows 10 and 11, when I uninstall the driver, it installs itself back after few seconds

Last edited:

kapul4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
One more update: I saw that people are complaining that their connection on the mentioned adapter is not stable, ie. fluctuating speeds and random disconnects while I was searching forums for a fix. I remember I tested out the speed before, at least I thought, had no problems just to see how fast is my network. I remember it being 40-50mbps with no fluctuations or disconnects. I am using a 4G router and have both it and my phone on the same provider, my phone speeds were always faster than PC for some reason but that didn't bother me much. Now with the network card I tested the speed again on PC: 70-80mbps.

Mcfckyle91

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
One more update: I saw that people are complaining that their connection on the mentioned adapter is not stable, ie. fluctuating speeds and random disconnects while I was searching forums for a fix. I remember I tested out the speed before, at least I thought, had no problems just to see how fast is my network. I remember it being 40-50mbps with no fluctuations or disconnects. I am using a 4G router and have both it and my phone on the same provider, my phone speeds were always faster than PC for some reason but that didn't bother me much. Now with the network card I tested the speed again on PC: 70-80mbps.
What motherboard do you have?