[SOLVED] Intel S5520HC not posting but CPUs heating up

Aug 27, 2019
I don't know if I'm being dumb or what but on my board I have 2 Xeon X5650s with 72 GB of DDR3 no graphics card for the time being seeing as it won't work, either way, I have made sure that the PSU has the proper 3A on 5V SB. Currently, I don't have CPU fans connected (because I don't have any) but I have heat sinks on the CPUs. So what happens is I power it on and the hard drive spins up and the CPUs get warmer and warmer, all of the status lights are green. Through this, there is no signal to the monitor.

Solution
Try to use one cpu only, one stick RAM ( and try other stick, if the one does not work when you boot ), and may try this troubleshooting too.
I have 2 Xeon X5650s with 72 GB of DDR3 no graphics card for the time being seeing as it won't work,
Yes, there is no GPU, then you will not get any display at all. So buy the GPU.

Also if you had the fanless heatsink, you need to disable the cpu cooler fan detect feature in the BIOS, I don't know what exactly feature, just check the MB manual, because if you don't connect the cpu cooler fan into the fan_header, the MB will think there is not cpu cooler, for protecting the cpu overheat, the PC will not boot.

Aug 27, 2019
Yes, there is no GPU, then you will not get any display at all. So buy the GPU.

Also if you had the fanless heatsink, you need to disable the CPU cooler fan detect feature in the BIOS, I don't know what exactly feature, just check the MB manual, because if you don't connect the CPU cooler fan into the fan_header, the MB will think there is not CPU cooler, for protecting the CPU overheat, the PC will not boot.

Are you familiar with integrated graphics, that's why I took my GPU out to remove a point of failure.

also, I will try plugging in fans for the CPUs

Sorry for the MB.

1. What PSU did you have? because you had two cpus, the PSU needs to have two 8-pin cpu cables. Also how about just use one cpu to see you can boot.
  2. You mixed the RAM, how about just use one or three, if you use two, make sure they came from the same kit.
  3. Also the MB BIOS, make sure the MB has the bios for these cpu.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Sorry for the MB.

1. What PSU did you have? because you had two cpus, the PSU needs to have two 8-pin cpu cables. Also how about just use one cpu to see you can boot.
  2. You mixed the RAM, how about just use one or three, if you use two, make sure they came from the same kit.
  3. Also the MB BIOS, make sure the MB has the bios for these cpu.
I have a corsair CX750M which in the manual of the MB it says it needs 3A of 5V SB which it supplies and the entire system should only draw ~440W, it's fully modular and has both 8pin for the CPUs

They are all from the same kit of 16GB 1333Mhz none are mixed and the speed is supported by the CPUs. As well as, there is no fault indicated at all nor for the memory.

I will double-check but it should be the right BIOS seeing as this CPU MOBO combo was sold by intel for some of their desktop servers

Try to use one cpu only, one stick RAM ( and try other stick, if the one does not work when you boot ), and may try this troubleshooting too.

Solution