Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubby

Honorable
May 24, 2015
I have 2 PC's set up. One with MSI B450 gaming carbon AC and one with GA-78LMT-USB3 rev6. Both have Nvidia GFX cards. The MSI B450 has a MSI RTX2060 and the Gigabyte has a Zotac 1050ti.

The B450 is connected by display port to a HP omen 25 144hz and the Gigabyte is connected to an Acer K222HQLBID by HDMI.

When in bios, the screen will go black for no longer than 5 seconds then reappear for another 1 minute or so then it will go black for another 5 seconds, this cycle continues while ever in bios/uefi. Once windows is installed and/or booted this doesn't occur.

All devices are connected to a power tower and it seems like they could be scanning for a different resolution really unsure to what the issue is. Could anyone with a bit more expertise help?

Regards,

I have heard that DP can be a little iffy on some cards at the BIOS level. Something about it taking longer to settle on a signal/resolution etc. Not sure about HDMI though, as that's what I use and haven't had a problem. I use DP at work but never cared to go into the BIOS.

Jubby

Honorable
May 24, 2015
It happens on both HDMI and DP. I thought it might be DP at first but it happened on the second machine. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the power output of the tower plug or nvidia scanning for a higher resolution as these are the similarities between the two machines. But I'm not sure how this works in bios.

If it was settling you would have though it would settle after blacking out and reappearing the first time. But it happens almost like clock work.

Jubby

Honorable
May 24, 2015
To add to this. The HP Omen 25 is 144hz and the Acer is 60hz so I know it's not bios not liking the refresh rates of the monitors on both machines.

My guess is it's a power issue of some kind but I have run out of ideas.

Jubby

Honorable
May 24, 2015
Since a couple of bios updates, the issue has now been resolved. Likely due to a previous bios version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS