[SOLVED] Internet keeps disconnecting with no clear cause

May 17, 2020
Hi there this is my first post on here so sorry if I'm not giving all details and sorry if my English is broken, it's not my first language.

The issue
My PC keeps disconnecting from internet (both LAN and WiFi) for about a minute and then reconnects while showing me "connected no internet" in my internet settings for another minute or 2 and then regains internet access.
Edit 2: My PC is the only device with this issue. While it is disconnected I have a perfectly fine connection on every other device at home.

Tried
I have tried the following things with all no results:
  • Flash Motherboard BIOS
  • Update all drivers
  • Change internet settings (disable IPv6, etc)
  • Change network settings on router
  • Upgrade windows to PRO
  • Rebooting router
Specs (if necessary)
nothing is overclocked so everything is at out of the box clockspeed:
  • Ryzen 7 2700
  • MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus 6G OC
  • Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB
  • Seasonic 650W Gold 80+
I'd love to hear if anyone else has suggestions on what I could try to fix the problem that is annoying me. Thanks in advance!
Mike

EDIT: I feel like I should clarify that I have looked around on the internet and haven't found a single person having the same issues I have also read and followed a couple of threads on this site with no succes

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you. I would like you to boot a linux live cd/usb to help determine if this is a system or network issue. If you have no problems under linux it is not a network issue and confirms the hardware is working correctly.
When you reinstalled the driver, did you remove the existing driver first? Download a copy of the drivers beforehand, and then go into Device Manager and right click the wired and wifi adapters, select Uninstall Device, and check the "Delete driver software for this device" checkbox. Once they are removed, reboot the machine. Do NOT reinstall the drivers before rebooting. Once the system is back up, install from your downloaded copies.

Reactions: Babywimpes
May 17, 2020
When you reinstalled the driver, did you remove the existing driver first? Download a copy of the drivers beforehand, and then go into Device Manager and right click the wired and wifi adapters, select Uninstall Device, and check the "Delete driver software for this device" checkbox. Once they are removed, reboot the machine. Do NOT reinstall the drivers before rebooting. Once the system is back up, install from your downloaded copies.
I haven't tried to uninstall just update. I'll try and see if this works

May 13, 2020
Hi there this is my first post on here so sorry if I'm not giving all details and sorry if my English is broken, it's not my first language.

The issue
My PC keeps disconnecting from internet (both LAN and WiFi) for about a minute and then reconnects while showing me "connected no internet" in my internet settings for another minute or 2 and then regains internet access.
Edit 2: My PC is the only device with this issue. While it is disconnected I have a perfectly fine connection on every other device at home.

Tried
I have tried the following things with all no results:
  • Flash Motherboard BIOS
  • Update all drivers
  • Change internet settings (disable IPv6, etc)
  • Change network settings on router
  • Upgrade windows to PRO
  • Rebooting router
Specs (if necessary)
nothing is overclocked so everything is at out of the box clockspeed:
  • Ryzen 7 2700
  • MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus 6G OC
  • Corsair vengeance LPX 16GB
  • Seasonic 650W Gold 80+
I'd love to hear if anyone else has suggestions on what I could try to fix the problem that is annoying me. Thanks in advance!
Mike

EDIT: I feel like I should clarify that I have looked around on the internet and haven't found a single person having the same issues I have also read and followed a couple of threads on this site with no succes
Do you use a VPN app or have manually configured a proxy on your system? Also check your firewall permissions

Reactions: Babywimpes
May 17, 2020
Do you use a VPN app or have manually configured a proxy on your system? Also check your firewall permissions
Thank you. Have you always had this issue or did it work correctly at some point?
To anwser both of your questions. No I do not have a VPN App or a proxy. I have had this issue without any clear point of starting. It just happened once and started to happen more frequent so, Yes it did work for about a month before the issues started apearing

May 17, 2020
Thank you for the additional information.

You mentioned that when this PC is disconnected from the network, all the other devices have no problem. Does that mean that when this PC is connected that other devices also have problems?
No they dont have issues. Its just the PC that disconnects

May 17, 2020
Thank you. I would like you to boot a linux live cd/usb to help determine if this is a system or network issue. If you have no problems under linux it is not a network issue and confirms the hardware is working correctly.
I'll try Ubuntu but the problem is that is not really recreatable it just happens randomly but ill try to see if I get the issue on there

May 17, 2020
Quick post, After the suggestions I tried Ubuntu. I didn't have any issues with it so it was a faulty windows that was causing the issues. So I repaired windows and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from Home. Since than no issues have occurred. Thanks for all the suggestions kind people!!

TRENDING THREADS