[SOLVED] Is adding 4GB RAM worth on my i5-8250 notebook?

Feb 21, 2019
Hi all! New here.

I have HP Pavillion Gamming Laptop, I want to add 4GB RAM, to improve gamming performance .I bought it not long ago, I aimed to get something to run mainly Mortal Kombat X and Far Cry Primal, that’s what I got in mind when buying it, with the budged I had at that moment.

It can run both on medium with 32-37fps, I can play them no issues, but I’d like to go a bit higer with the graphic, or the fps (maybe run 50-60fps on medium?)

Will adding 4GB RAM improve gamming performance at all? Also, when doing video editing, it works pretty slow, so if it can make this better too, it would be great.

Current specs:
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-8250U (6M Cache, 3.40 GHz),
4GB RAM DDR4, 1TB,
Video card GeForce GTX 1050 4GB

Solution
Most laptops ship with only a single stick ram config. And since you already have 4 gb ram, adding another matched 4gb ram to have 8gb dual channel memory will be a huge improvement, more so in your video editing tasks. Just get it done in the authorized service center. You need matching ram sticks.

Go for it!
Most laptops ship with only a single stick ram config. And since you already have 4 gb ram, adding another matched 4gb ram to have 8gb dual channel memory will be a huge improvement, more so in your video editing tasks. Just get it done in the authorized service center. You need matching ram sticks.

Go for it!

Solution
Feb 21, 2019

Go for it!
Thank you! This answer helps a lot .