Is AMD Ryzen XXX processor a good option for an Asus Zenbook laptop?

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Hello friends

About the Laptop available by ASUS, it for the Zenbook category, exists 3 sub-categories
  • Zenbook Pro
  • Zenbook S
  • Zenbook
For these 3 branches, the processors available are based on:
  • Intel® Core™ iX for 10 or 12 generation
  • AMD Ryzen XXX
Normally all my laptops and PCs are based on Intel, due the prices of these laptops.

Question
  • Is recommended buy a laptop based with the AMD Ryzen XXX processor?
To be honest, through the years 2000-2010, I always heard that AMD processors are not good as Intel due mostly the Heat problem and affecting thus the overall performance. Even hanging the computer/laptop until it is cooler again.

Because the technology in the latest years has changed through many companies, I want to know if this situation was resolved and who knows, perhaps AMD right now for the models available through the link shared are better or equals as Intel.

The purpose is avoid waste the money in AMD - perhaps the best recommendation is get a little more of extra cash and buy always an Intel.

If you have experience with this processor for Asus and even for other manufacters such as HP, lenovo, please let me know your thoughts. Do mention about the series, pls.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The Ryzen's that are bundled in laptops are hot headed chips, similar to what Intel has...only difference being that Intel's chips might favor well with undervolting. Outside of that either platform will get the job done. Just be wary that both platforms are hot to the point leaving a laptop with a concurrent gen Intel or AMD processor equipped laptop can make your lap feel toasty.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan
The AMD 6000 series CPU's use less power than Intel and have much more capable integrated graphics. If you wanted to play games then AMD is the better option. I would lean towards Intel personally because of Thunderbolt support, though that's less of an issue with USB 4 AMD devices.

Your unlikely to regret getting either.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for the reply, the laptop is going to be used for developing purposes, Java/Spring, VirtualBox for Linux.

With this extra feedback, AMD is a good option yet?

Thank You

Thanks for the reply, the laptop is going to be used for developing purposes, Java/Spring, VirtualBox for Linux.

With this extra feedback, AMD is a good option yet?

Thank You
Yes AMD is a good option, particularly the 6000 series CPU's. This isn't 2011, AMD CPU's today are as good as Intel's. I personally think they are actually better but some might debate that.

The short answer is you shouldn't be put off buying a laptop with AMD.