Question Is building a completely custom mouse possible?

Apr 10, 2019
Hey guys, I've recently become interested in a "pen mouse" which looked interesting to try out. But that's far from a "gaming" mouse so I was looking into building custom mice (not a pen mouse right from the start). I found a good Pixart sensor for 13$ on Aliexpress but I have no idea if all this is a doable thing. Especially because I don't really have a ton of experience or advanced tools.
If it is possible and if someone has some experience with custom peripherals please reply! :^)

Hey guys, I've recently become interested in a "pen mouse" which looked interesting to try out. But that's far from a "gaming" mouse so I was looking into building custom mice (not a pen mouse right from the start). I found a good Pixart sensor for 13$ on Aliexpress but I have no idea if all this is a doable thing. Especially because I don't really have a ton of experience or advanced tools.
If it is possible and if someone has some experience with custom peripherals please reply! :^)

It's possible, but you need experience and tools to do it. Maybe doing a 3D printed mouse would work, rip the guts out of an existing mouse. You will of course have to design the buttons mechanism, etc..

You can't just build a mouse without knowing how to do anything without a bunch of research on how they are built. There is a reason engineers and such earn the money they do, lots of school, experience, etc...

Reactions: Kritior