Jul 28, 2019
Hi all, I had Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 its 9 years old but from yesterday while I was rendering a video in Adobe After Effects in Element 3D, suddenly my monitor went black and again it went back to display but the screen was splited like it was connected to the second display hard to explain this, then it became very very slow, and the program crashed (after effects), then when I turned on the PC today morning it's not showing any display the screen was totally black but after some RnD and troubleshooting it was showing distorted and pixelated graphics in blue and white, now I am using the pc without GPU (on Motherboards Internal GPU).
Here is the Picture of the Distorted and Pixelated Display: View: https://imgur.com/Ii8Dgnc
& View: https://imgur.com/oxtAEcC

Please don't tell me to put the GPU in the oven as I don't have any Oven. The thumbnail was the image of actual what it looks like.

what I did in my Troubleshooting:
I dismantle everything then I cleaned the GPU and re-installed it.
Re-set the BIOS.
Re-Set all the memory module one by one (and found no issue with the memory modules)

My PC Specs (which is 11 years old)
CPU: AMD Phenome II x4 965 Black Edition (Not Overclocked)
MBU: Gigabyte Ga-78-MLT-USB3
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1333Mhz (4GB x 4)
HDD's: Boot-500GB Seagate HDD/Storage-2TB Seagate HDD + 1TB Seagate HDD) (New)
PSU: CoolerMaster MWE 750Watt Non-Modular 80+White (new)
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master N620 Dual PushPull with New Fans
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 (Black)
Monitor: Samsung B2230 22 Inch LCD Monitor running on DVI Cable
KB & Mouse: Basic

Putting a GPU in an oven is generally a poor idea to begin with, so Im glad you arent open to that suggestion.
Beyond what you already tried, I would have to say its probably time for a new GPU.

If you can, test the card in a different system (bring it to a friend if you can). Your 965 can handle some modern entry level cards so you should be okay to find a replacement.

Reactions: MVStudio
Jul 28, 2019
Putting a GPU in an oven is generally a poor idea to begin with, so Im glad you arent open to that suggestion.
Beyond what you already tried, I would have to say its probably time for a new GPU.

If you can, test the card in a different system (bring it to a friend if you can). Your 965 can handle some modern entry level cards so you should be okay to find a replacement.

Thanks for the reply all my friends have laptops, none of them have a Desktop, I am planning to buy Nvidia this time probably GTX 1660 (non-Ti) and then after few months saving going to upgrade the whole pc with AMD Ryzen 7 2700x and so on, so I know my current 965 will definitely bottleneck with the GTX1660, but how much ?

TRENDING THREADS