Question Is Mining Gpu is good for personal use?

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016
Hi,

Recentle am planning to buy a Mining Gpu, is it a good option?

He bought the GPU on April 2022 and until 2025 warranty is there. Zotac 3060 ti is the variant.

Any suggestion on this?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
3 year warranty, make sure it is actually transferable. Otherwise you would only be covered under whatever your local law mandates.

As to buying a mining GPU, normally I would say no.

Given the card is only a year old, it probably has some life left in it. Are we talking about someone who did this with their personal card, or someone who decided to get into mining with a rack of 3060Ti well after that was no longer profitable?

Reactions: AMAL SB
It all depends on how much it costs. If it's very cheap, then sure, give it a shot. If it's not very cheap, then don't buy it.

Miners caused huge problems for everyone so if they want to sell the cards now after making us suffer with stratospheric prices that are still here, then they have to almost be giving the cards away before I would ever recommend buying one.

Big-scale miners didn't care if we got screwed so why should we care if they do?

Reactions: Tac 25 and AMAL SB

bignastyid

Titan
Hi,

Recentle am planning to buy a Mining Gpu, is it a good option?

He bought the GPU on April 2022 and until 2025 warranty is there. Zotac 3060 ti is the variant.

Any suggestion on this?
What warranty? According to Zotac's warranty page the warranty is only for the original purchaser. So buying used means no warranty.
"Products must be purchased as new from an authorized ZOTAC reseller. Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product and cannot be transferred. Products purchased as secondhand or used, or from auction sites, do not carry any warranty."

I agree with Avro, it would have to be dirt cheap.

IDProG

Distinguished
1. Like bignastyid said, the warranty cannot be transferred.
2. Even if the warranty can be transferred, I am 99% sure the VRAM was overclocked by the miner, anyway, meaning that the warranty has already been voided.

The GPU's pricing MUST be dirt cheap. I won't buy it above $50 including shipping.

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016
3 year warranty, make sure it is actually transferable. Otherwise you would only be covered under whatever your local law mandates.

As to buying a mining GPU, normally I would say no.

Given the card is only a year old, it probably has some life left in it. Are we talking about someone who did this with their personal card, or someone who decided to get into mining with a rack of 3060Ti well after that was no longer profitable?
Yes, after 3-4 months he stopped mining. so he is selling the card.

AMAL SB

Distinguished
May 4, 2016
1. Like bignastyid said, the warranty cannot be transferred.
2. Even if the warranty can be transferred, I am 99% sure the VRAM was overclocked by the miner, anyway, meaning that the warranty has already been voided.

The GPU's pricing MUST be dirt cheap. I won't buy it above $50 including shipping.
How can i find out if it is overclocked or not?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Then brother, how can zotac find out its overclocked or not? even though its an OC edition

They don't. It's an appeal to the honor system and most people are fundamentally honest. I've never in my life tried to get a warranty to cover damage I caused.

In any case, it's not applicable because you do not have warranty coverage; as was noted above, Zotac's warranty agreement only covers the original purchaser, which is not you.

TRENDING THREADS