Status
Not open for further replies.

pmz94

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
pmz94.github.io
I have an Asus Dual RTX 2060 Advanced (DUAL-RTX2060-A6G) since release year (2019)
one week ago I replaced the thermal paste with this one and thermal pads for these ones (2.0mm)
it helped on decrease temperature around 10-15°c (not that much)
Everythings doing well but this past 2 days my PC shuts down on a curious way.

PC shuts down but RAM and motherboard's RGB stays on, power led from case front panel stays on and power and reset buttons doing nothing when pressed.
The only way I can shut it down entirely is switching off the PSU (750w).

Not sure if it was the paste or pads replacement so I looked at GPU temps and I saw there's the GPU temp and Hotspot temp (don't know what's the hotspot temp)
I saw while gaming or benchmark that pc shuts down when GPU is around 55-60°c (GPU) and 65-70°c (Hotspot) which is normal for a 2060 so I don't know whats the problem.

PSU also came to my mind, maybe it cannot supply enough power anymore but I don't know how to test it out.

pmz94

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
pmz94.github.io
Yes it can if you don't have enough power for the gpu. It requires at least 350w so a 500w power supply is recommended for one GPU with motherboard. Power supply will eventually shutdown automatically to prevent damage when there is overcharge.

Might be, my PSU have 2 PCI-E 6+2 pin cables but the GPU only needs 1, I just swapped that cable, tested again and it didn't shut down this time.
old PCI-E cable is malfunction not sure, but now this makes me thing
Should I replace my PSU right now? I got it since 2013 or 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.