Edris1e

Honorable
Jul 15, 2015
Hello,
My pc worked yesterday perfectly but today it wont turn on. What could be the problem?
I have 750w cooler master power supply, had it for 5 years, but now for some reason my pc wont start, so I tried turning on the power supply without the motherboard but it still didn’t turn on, but when I connect it to the motherboard it seems like it gets
electricity.
Pics: View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/LzZ9O9W

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
you will need to post your complete system specs for any real advice regarding the system.
but you can start by:

taking it all out of the case and setup a basic barebones build on an anti-static surface.

CPU(can leave the CPU cooler & fans attached and powered),
1x RAM module (installed in slot A_2),
CPU power(8pin),
& motherboard power(24pin).

no drives,
no USB components\peripherals,
no GPU,
no other cables attached.

if it powers on and lights & fans are functioning;
start adding components one-at-a-time.
keyboard & mouse,
OS drive,
GPU,
etc.

if you get to a point where the system fails to power on or boot than you should be able to determine which is causing the problem.
now determining whether it is that separate component or...
you will need to post your complete system specs for any real advice regarding the system.
but you can start by:

taking it all out of the case and setup a basic barebones build on an anti-static surface.

CPU power(8pin),

no drives,
no GPU,

keyboard & mouse,
OS drive,
GPU,
etc.

if you get to a point where the system fails to power on or boot than you should be able to determine which is causing the problem.
now determining whether it is that separate component or the motherboard's interface for that component would be next.

Solution

Edris1e

Honorable
Jul 15, 2015
but you can start by:

CPU power(8pin),

no drives,
no GPU,

keyboard & mouse,
OS drive,
GPU,
etc.

now determining whether it is that separate component or the motherboard's interface for that component would be next.
but you can start by:

CPU power(8pin),

no drives,
no GPU,

keyboard & mouse,
OS drive,
GPU,
etc.

I did what you told me too and I also followed this video instructions:
View: https://youtu.be/sFLth-3q8lo
but the power supply still wont turn on.
My specs: gpu gtx980ti
16gb ram,
Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz
Motherboard: MSI Z97A gaming 7 haswell 1150 z97
1TB ssd
And I also followed what you said taking out the gpu along with the sata disks and motherboard . Still not turning on .
But what is making me confused is when I connect the power supply I can see light turning on the motherboard (you can see in the pictures I uploaded) . So if my power supply is dead why does my motherboard lights up?
thanks in advance :)