IamTyphoon

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
Recently I purchased Dead by Daylight, but about 80% of the time when I enter a match my PC crashes and GPU fans become very loud; I then have to power off my PC at the button. I updated drivers and such and it still happens, so.

I ran Furmark and within about 10 seconds my PC crashes and the GPU fans become very loud (Identical to Dead by Daylight) and I have to force the power off.

So, I recently upgraded my GPU from an old HD 7970 as that had seemingly died (maybe PSU caused the problem instead) So I can only assume that it is not the new GPU. What I think is happening is the GPU is drawing too much power and PSU is shutting itself off. Is there any way to test if this is case and not another problem? And is it safe for me to play less demanding games such as CSGO? As I only noticed this has been happening since I played Dead by Daylight? (a more demanding game)
I ran FPS benchmarks on CSGO (High FPS) and Assassins Creed Origins (Demanding game) and neither had any problems. I am not sure if it is just the way Dead by Daylight runs, and that it draws a lot of power in a sudden burst like Furmark?

PC SPECS:

CASE : NZXT SOURCE 210 BLACK
CPU : INTEL I7 6700 3.4Ghz
GPU : XFX AMD Radeon RX 590 Fatboy 8GB
RAM : 16GB of Corsair Vengeance
SSD : Kingston A400 120GB
HDD : Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB
MOBO : ASRock H110M-HDV
PSU : Corsair CXM 600W

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Solution
I know that CX600s has a pretty mediocre track record, so it'll be the first one to watch out for. The second would be the motherboard. H110 chipsets isn't good for running these kind of things TBH.

TRENDING THREADS