Question Is there a Corsair Adaptator from 12V 4 pin RGB to 4 pin Commander Core acceptable?

Nov 4, 2022
Hey,

I have 3 Corsair fans that are all linked to a 3 to 1 splitter, and the output of this cable is a 12V 4 pin connected to the 12V RGB Header of my motherboard.
And I have 3 other fans, that are just running but without RGB for now.

I'd like to buy a Commander Core XT, or I don't know if there's an adaptator to connect my 12V 4 pin into the Commander Core.

Here is the Splitter I actually use :
image.png

So I'd like to know if something can make that 4 pin output plug-able in the 4 pins port present on the Corsair Commandre Core XT

Cordially

Nov 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state the model for your Corsair fans? Make and model of your motherboard?
Hi, I have an ASUS PRIME B560-PLUS, and it contains a 12V RGB Header and a 5V RGB header. It works fine for now since I only have 3 fans plugged into the splitter I sent above, and then I plug it into the 12V RGB port of the motherboard.

For the Corsair Fans, it's the ones that are included in the Corsair Carbide Spec Delta RGB Case. 3 in the front that are RGBs.

So I just wanted to know, if there's an adaptator that can go from this 4pin RGB :

image.png

To this 4 pin rgb cable that the icue Commander Core accepts:

image.png

Nov 4, 2022
What are you trying to achieve? The Commander Core XT connects to the motherboard via a USB header. You then connect the the fan and rgb cables from each fan to the Commander.

That's the whole problem, I can't connect my 4 pin splitter to the Commander Core, I need an adapator something like this :
image.png

But I can't find a 4 pin to 4pin version :/

Lutfij

Titan
View: https://youtu.be/uJFJlIc4kuk?t=463

Using this video, the fans don't seem to have a proprietary connector, they are a regular 12v RGB connector on the fan's side. The image you've linked in your latest post, is the proprietary connector by Corsair. They don't have splitters nor adapters. I would ditch the idea of the fan hub you intend to buy since it'll only mean having to buy new fans, upping the cost of the build. had Corsair gone the usual RGB route without the proprietary connector on the hub, things would've been simpler.

There are adapters but they are for ARGB fans not RGB fans, they aren't the same thing.

Nov 4, 2022
View: https://youtu.be/uJFJlIc4kuk?t=463

Using this video, the fans don't seem to have a proprietary connector, they are a regular 12v RGB connector on the fan's side. The image you've linked in your latest post, is the proprietary connector by Corsair. They don't have splitters nor adapters. I would ditch the idea of the fan hub you intend to buy since it'll only mean having to buy new fans, upping the cost of the build. had Corsair gone the usual RGB route without the proprietary connector on the hub, things would've been simpler.

There are adapters but they are for ARGB fans not RGB fans, they aren't the same thing.
So I guess I'll have to keep my 3 cases fans plugged into the 12V RGB Port
And I'll plug the commander core into the USB motherboard port.

But in that case, will I be able to sync rgb on iCue ? (I can already sync the 3 case fans on iCue)

Commander Core does not support 12V 4pin RGB entry :/
Understood

However I found this post from a Corsair rep

“The Spec-Delta comes with 12V analog RGB fans. They won't work with any of the Corsair controllers unless you use a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC)”

Nov 4, 2022
Understood

However I found this post from a Corsair rep

“The Spec-Delta comes with 12V analog RGB fans. They won't work with any of the Corsair controllers unless you use a Digital to Analog Converter (DAC)”

Thanks, since I'm buying a watercooling, I'll just plug the watercooling fans + the back fan into the Commander Core that is included with the watercooling, and then I'll keep my 3 front fans plugged into the 12V RGB, it'll work because it's how it's done right now.

I just hope I'll be able to synchronize the rgb with iCue instead of like having to set up the fans rgb and then the cooler rgb

Thanks, since I'm buying a watercooling, I'll just plug the watercooling fans + the back fan into the Commander Core that is included with the watercooling, and then I'll keep my 3 front fans plugged into the 12V RGB, it'll work because it's how it's done right now.

I just hope I'll be able to synchronize the rgb with iCue instead of like having to set up the fans rgb and then the cooler rgb
As you have an ASUS motherboard I believe iCue can be connected, ASUS and Corsair have some collaboration. However, it’s not something I’ve done.

Nov 4, 2022
As you have an ASUS motherboard I believe iCue can be connected, ASUS and Corsair have some collaboration. However, it’s not something I’ve done.
Yeah I'm already using iCue, just hoping there's a feature to sync everything connected even tho they're not connected the same way