Question Is there a reason I should Go for AORUS GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti ELITE Over GIGABYTE GAMING OC 4070 TI?

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I was looking to buy a RTX 4070 TI. I found 2 GPUS I like. GIGABYTE GAMING OC 4070 TI and GIGABYTE AORUS 4070 Ti ELITE. The Elite is extra 60 USD. Is there like a better PCB on the Aorus model and better thermals or something?

My sytem :
I7 13700K
Asus Z690 TUF ddr5
32 GB ram
evga supernova 1000 gt

floored63

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
I was looking to buy a RTX 4070 TI. I found 2 GPUS I like. GIGABYTE GAMING OC 4070 TI and GIGABYTE AORUS 4070 Ti ELITE. The Elite is extra 60 USD. Is there like a better PCB on the Aorus model and better thermals or something?

My sytem :
I7 13700K
Asus Z690 TUF ddr5
32 GB ram
evga supernova 1000 gt
Looks like the only difference is the core clock, they all have the same three-year warranty

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Do those cards have something like dual bios? If yes, I would take the one with dual bios. If both have them go with the cheaper model, unless you prefer the looks of the more expensive ones and it is important to you. When it comes to performance, you will not feel the extra 2 % or less from factory overclocks during gaming. Therefore, never spend more for the extra performance (if you need it for whatever reason, those cards can be easily overclocked by yourself using Afterburner).

Looking over Gigabyte's product literature, the Elite has this stand out feature:
EXTREME OVERCLOCKING
The graphics card features excellent power phase design to allow the MOSFETs to operate at lower temperatures and provide a more stable voltage output. Load balancing of each MOSFET can effectively improve the overclocking performance and extend the life of the card.

So it's built for overclocking. However, I'm not too confident that it's meant for casual overclocking, more like for those who are willing to put the time and energy into tweaking out every last knob and dial. And even then at the end of the day you're probably only going to get maybe 5% out of it.