Question Kraken M22 Fan Controls Not Showing Up In CAM Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2019
I recently bought the Kraken M22 AIO and when i go into my CAM Software i am only able to adjust the Lighting and not the Fan??

Someone Please Help Me With This!

Motherboard - MSI B350M BAZOOKA

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It depends on where you made the connections.

The cpu_fan header is all alone, it doesn't tie into any of the other headers that can share the Isa buss, and it's control is very specific. It also contains a warning system that the other headers don't have, if it sees a 0rpm state, it'll shut the pc down or refuse to boot. So now you have an aio. It's got 2 wires, one for the pump which is rated for 50k hours, and the fan which is changeable.

Out of those 2, nzxt, Corsair, Evga, anybody has directions stating the pump needs to go on cpu_fan. Just in case of failure. The fan goes to any sys_fan header. Ok, that'll work, but the fan now responds to system temps. Which most times don't see case temps above 40°C, so the fan basically has 0 control.

The other way to set it up is with the pump on cpu_aux/sys_fan and the fan on cpu_fan. This will make the fan respond to cpu temps, great! Probably not. The fan is usually 3pin, and one of the other specifics about cpu_fan header is that it's dedicated pwm (4pin), so a 3pin fan will always spin at 12v, (100%) so no control either.

To get control of the fan you'll need to do one of 2 things. Either use it in cpu_fan header, but use a 4pin PWM fan, OR use it in sys_fan header but a) set header control to auto and b) change the response from system temps to cpu temps. (this is new, many mobo's don't have that bios option) and reset the fan curve to appropriate duty cycles.

Aug 1, 2019
It depends on where you made the connections.

The cpu_fan header is all alone, it doesn't tie into any of the other headers that can share the Isa buss, and it's control is very specific. It also contains a warning system that the other headers don't have, if it sees a 0rpm state, it'll shut the pc down or refuse to boot. So now you have an aio. It's got 2 wires, one for the pump which is rated for 50k hours, and the fan which is changeable.

Out of those 2, nzxt, Corsair, Evga, anybody has directions stating the pump needs to go on cpu_fan. Just in case of failure. The fan goes to any sys_fan header. Ok, that'll work, but the fan now responds to system temps. Which most times don't see case temps above 40°C, so the fan basically has 0 control.

The other way to set it up is with the pump on cpu_aux/sys_fan and the fan on cpu_fan. This will make the fan respond to cpu temps, great! Probably not. The fan is usually 3pin, and one of the other specifics about cpu_fan header is that it's dedicated pwm (4pin), so a 3pin fan will always spin at 12v, (100%) so no control either.

To get control of the fan you'll need to do one of 2 things. Either use it in cpu_fan header, but use a 4pin PWM fan, OR use it in sys_fan header but a) set header control to auto and b) change the response from system temps to cpu temps. (this is new, many mobo's don't have that bios option) and reset the fan curve to appropriate duty cycles.
I don't think you understand what i mean. If you go into anyone's CAM software and that person has an NZXT AIO it will show lighting controls and fan controls for it. Mine only shows lighting controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.