[SOLVED] Laptop FPS Stuttering + CPU spikes when gaming and plugged in.

arifdaniiel

Commendable
Jun 2, 2017
I bought the laptop 4 years ago and the stuttering occured a year ago. I already reinstalled Windows 10, upgraded to SSD but nothing works. Also, my laptop overheats when I play any games after a few minutes. The thing is, the stuttering doesn't happen if I turn off the charger but the laptop's battery is a little bit old and drains fast so I can't play games without plugged in.

My setup:
Intel i5-5200U (2.7GHz)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 950M
4GB+4GB RAM
1920x1080 Display
Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB
Apacer AST280 M.2 SSD 120GB

Solution
Hi, try the high performance power plan when gaming and plugged in to see if their is a difference, but besides that what games are you playing, a 2 core 4 thread cpu isn't going to do wll with newer games, also the gpu is abit on the lower end side, an SSD will improve load times but not game play in general

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hi, try the high performance power plan when gaming and plugged in to see if their is a difference, but besides that what games are you playing, a 2 core 4 thread cpu isn't going to do wll with newer games, also the gpu is abit on the lower end side, an SSD will improve load times but not game play in general

Solution