[SOLVED] Laptop is unresponsive and restarting doesn’t work

Feb 19, 2021
When booting my laptop it works fine for the first 10 minutes then google chrome stops responding and then when checking task manager it shows cpu utilising at 60% but when sorting to see what is being used everything shows 0%
I tried opening cmd but then I cant type into it and when trying to close cmd it doesn’t let me, the mouse then becomes unresponsive and keyboard aswell.
Trying to end tasks with the task manager also freezes my laptop.
I have run antivirus scans and nothing appeared this has happened out of no where it was working fine the day before then it just stopped.
I have restarted my laptop multiple times yet the same problem persists
I have a Dell G5

Solution
the easiest way is always to create a bootable USB with the Windows install package. though you can also create a DVD.
if you cannot do this with the laptop mentioned, you will have to find another device to use to create it.
But would that happen instantly and out the blue?
and yes, as i stated; "nothing in particular has to have happened to cause this. sometimes it is just a software malfunction"
could just be a corrupted Windows installation.
reinstall the OS.

nothing in particular has to have happened to cause this. sometimes it is just a software malfunction.
if you still have issues with the new installation, than you know it is a hardware malfunction with the laptop itself.

Feb 19, 2021
could just be a corrupted Windows installation.
reinstall the OS.

nothing in particular has to have happened to cause this. sometimes it is just a software malfunction.
if you still have issues with the new installation, than you know it is a hardware malfunction with the laptop itself.
But would that happen instantly and out the blue? And how am I meant to reinstall windows when I can’t really access the laptop to install and I don’t have anything else on standby to use to put in a flash drive

the easiest way is always to create a bootable USB with the Windows install package. though you can also create a DVD.
if you cannot do this with the laptop mentioned, you will have to find another device to use to create it.
But would that happen instantly and out the blue?
and yes, as i stated; "nothing in particular has to have happened to cause this. sometimes it is just a software malfunction"

Solution