Laptop recommendations for SIM card usage and WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Greetings,

My company needs a laptop which you can insert a SIM card for using non-business WhatsApp like it was a mobile phone. The point of getting SIM card capeable laptop is that, it would act as a mobile device with big screen and mouse/keyboard support so that you can log in to WhatsApp web from another PC.

I've got Samsung Galaxy M21 mobile Android phone now for that WhatsApp account.. There are 13 thousand WhatsApp contacts saved on my phone thanks to Google Contacts with more than hundred thousand kept WhatsApp messages as well as media files in total. My phone lags a lot and gets so hot that it underclocks itself because of that. There is no chance to delete messages because of my work. When my phone is lagging, you also lose connection from WhatsApp desktop so the customers think that my WhatsApp is offline.

My company will not upgrade the WhatsApp line we got to a professional business account. When the WhatsApp open beta for multiple device support is fully done, there will be no need for that. But we cannot benefit from open beta now because my phone lags again when you try to connect another multiple devices.

I cannot tell you the budget for my request so I will be writing what I also need from the device if it's possible:

• It should have a camera so that you can log in to WhatsApp Web via QR Code from another PC. ( I'm not sure if you can use Webcam for that.)
  • RAM should be high enough to switch tabs between big sized multiple Excel documents
  • CPU should also be fast with good cooling system
  • Would be nice if the laptop has a seperate GPU
  • Laptop has to be Windows.
  • Touchscreen support is optional

If an Android tablet would be a better choice, my company is also ok with that.

Thank you.

I just tested and I cannot have WhatApp open on 2 Windows devices at the same time, my Surface Pro 7 and my desktop will not allow it. I thought I had come across this before and have just confirmed it. Not sure if there would be difference if using an android tablet. I can use an iPhone and either Surface or Desktop at the same time though.

Reactions: Vulmaro

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
I just tested and I cannot have WhatApp open on 2 Windows devices at the same time, my Surface Pro 7 and my desktop will not allow it. I thought I had come across this before and have just confirmed it. Not sure if there would be difference if using an android tablet. I can use an iPhone and either Surface or Desktop at the same time though.
Thank you for this info, So here is what I understand, when you use a SIM Card on a Windows Device, you still use your whatsapp from the MS Store desktop app or chorome web version right ? Did it ask for the SMS confirmation though ? When you put your SIM card to Surface Pro 7 ? I also think this is OS now. I will probable change this topic to a tablet advice.

Thank you for this info, So here is what I understand, when you use a SIM Card on a Windows Device, you still use your whatsapp from the MS Store desktop app or chorome web version right ? Did it ask for the SMS confirmation though ? When you put your SIM card to Surface Pro 7 ? I also think this is OS now. I will probable change this topic to a tablet advice.
It’s just operating like a normal Windows app

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS