gitarwiner

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
Hello, I bought a ASUS M570D almost a year ago, it comes with a Ryzen 3500u and a GTX1050. I also added 8gb of ram (making it 16Gb) and a 1Tb NVMe ssd on the m.2 slot.
But I feel like the laptop underperfoms in every single game. Even in older games (exemple: Fallout New Vegas, Saints Row IV, GTA 5) it barely makes to 60 fps and I also get some stuterring.
I've tried to update all the drivers, change power settings, check temperatures during gameplay (average 80ºC), nothing seems to work.
Asus tech support took a look at it and claimed everything is fine.

Mar 11, 2021
Hello, I bought a ASUS M570D almost a year ago, it comes with a Ryzen 3500u and a GTX1050. I also added 8gb of ram (making it 16Gb) and a 1Tb NVMe ssd on the m.2 slot.
But I feel like the laptop underperfoms in every single game. Even in older games (exemple: Fallout New Vegas, Saints Row IV, GTA 5) it barely makes to 60 fps and I also get some stuterring.
I've tried to update all the drivers, change power settings, check temperatures during gameplay (average 80ºC), nothing seems to work.
Asus tech support took a look at it and claimed everything is fine.

Laptops really aren't great for gaming. For one, all of a laptops hardware is wedged into as small a space as they can possibly manage which invariably leads to poor heat dissipation characteristics. The greatest CPU/GPU combo on earth will chop when it gets hot which is inevitable for a laptop.

gitarwiner

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
Laptops really aren't great for gaming. For one, all of a laptops hardware is wedged into as small a space as they can possibly manage which invariably leads to poor heat dissipation characteristics. The greatest CPU/GPU combo on earth will chop when it gets hot which is inevitable for a laptop.
I understand laptops in general underperfom. But I do believe it's underperfoming, comparing with other laptops it´s lacking on performance.

gitarwiner

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
No it didn't, actually since I added the extra ram I gained a lot of performance. Most of it from the extra 8gb and some from the fact that Ryzen processors work better with dual channel ram.