Laptop wont boot.

jdrewross5

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Is it possible to plug a blank USB drive in a random Windows PC (running 7, 8.1, or 10) which has admin rights and an Internet connection,

create a bootable USB for Windows 8.1 (while having a Windows 8 product key)

and then boot a different PC that ran Windows 8 to access recovery options to perform a system restore?

My laptop wont boot, even in safe mode, or give access to recovery options.

Solution
Well, now you know why you should NEVER pirate games, even for "testing".

Most likely just making an installer with the link i gave you should work, but I highly recommend nuking that thing and starting fresh just in case (full reformat). Luckily the same installer will do that for you too.

jdrewross5

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for responding. I'm going to be brutally honest here, I decided to hold my laptops power button until it shut off.
I torrented a video game, from a someone I seriously trust, (I am buying the game soon, testing performance), but when I launched the .exe for the game, my laptop completely froze up. It acted like it was loading the game for a bit but I could not alt tab or even open task manager. So I waited. I then shut down the laptop by holding the power button.

My laptop now refuses to start up at allnow, even in safe mode. I get a blue screen which says this:

Recovery
Your PC needs to be repaired.
the bottom says
Press F8 for setup settings.

The laptop will not leave this blue screen setup settings/automatic repair settings loop.

(Windows 8, Lenovo IdeaPad y500)

I am writing on my phone.. I can take pictures of my blue screen error messages as well as my lenovo IdeaPad y500 uefi info tomorrow

Well, now you know why you should NEVER pirate games, even for "testing".

Most likely just making an installer with the link i gave you should work, but I highly recommend nuking that thing and starting fresh just in case (full reformat). Luckily the same installer will do that for you too.

Solution