May 22, 2021
hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E550 laptop (win10 x64). I have been using it for many years with no issues. But yesterday when I restarted, the laptop did not boot.

Whatever I do on this Lenovo splash screen it will always take me to the "0271: check date and time settings. , Press escape to continue or F1 to enter setup"
If I press F1 or escape it will take me to the blinking cursor screen.
I managed to get somewhere by pressing enter on the first splash screen and then pressing escape I got to the "startup interrupt menu"

But the only thing I could do is go to the Lenovo diagnostic (where I tested everything and everything was okay). If I try to go anywhere else I will get a Black screen or mostly a blinking cursor screen.
I replaced the CMOS battery. I tried other HDD, RAM, all the "hold power button down" procedures but with no success.
PLEASE can anyone help me? I am really helpless and frustrated from this.

Solution
Try mashing F1 from the moment you turn the laptop on, the splash screen covers up the dos screen that would give you the prompt at the correct time.
Go to the bios and find the boot tab check that your hard drive shows up there and that it is selected as the first drive in the boot order.

Blinking score is almost always the system not finding the boot drive or the info that points to the boot drive.

May 22, 2021
Go to the bios and find the boot tab check that your hard drive shows up there and that it is selected as the first drive in the boot order.

Blinking score is almost always the system not finding the boot drive or the info that points to the boot drive.
I have no access to the BIOS, whatever I do I always get the blinking cursor screen. The only thing I was able to get into was the Lenovo diagnostic