hero355

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
Hey there, I ordered dualwan load balancing router. Would like to get answer about load balancing. I have an adsl internet and my neighbour also have adsl internet. We want to load balancing both networks. My question is, will it possible to use one lan from adsl and second from wifi repeater with lan to mltiwan router. Will it work?

Solution
Depends on how you hook up to the wifi repeater. If you can connect to the repeater with a ethernet cable the dual wan router does not care about what is in the path.

Be aware most people concept of load balancing multiple internet connections is invalid. First there is no way to combine the connections to make say a single file transfer session faster. You might run 2 different ones but even that is tricky. The problem is you have 2 different IP addresses. This causes all kinds of problems. The example most people on this forum understand is say a online game. If you log into the authentication server using the IP on connection 1 and then attempt to play on a world server with connection 2 the IP will be different and...
Depends on how you hook up to the wifi repeater. If you can connect to the repeater with a ethernet cable the dual wan router does not care about what is in the path.

Be aware most people concept of load balancing multiple internet connections is invalid. First there is no way to combine the connections to make say a single file transfer session faster. You might run 2 different ones but even that is tricky. The problem is you have 2 different IP addresses. This causes all kinds of problems. The example most people on this forum understand is say a online game. If you log into the authentication server using the IP on connection 1 and then attempt to play on a world server with connection 2 the IP will be different and the game company will drop the session because they suspect hacking.

You will have massive amounts of issues even using simple web pages. You will get constant capcha challenges as your IP swaps back and forth.

It is very hard to use both conenctions for anything useful. The only thing that works well is primary/backup but even then you will have issue when the IP first changes.

Reactions: hero355
Solution

hero355

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017

Be aware most people concept of load balancing multiple internet connections is invalid. First there is no way to combine the connections to make say a single file transfer session faster. You might run 2 different ones but even that is tricky. The problem is you have 2 different IP addresses. This causes all kinds of problems. The example most people on this forum understand is say a online game. If you log into the authentication server using the IP on connection 1 and then attempt to play on a world server with connection 2 the IP will be different and the game company will drop the session because they suspect hacking.

You will have massive amounts of issues even using simple web pages. You will get constant capcha challenges as your IP swaps back and forth.

It is very hard to use both conenctions for anything useful. The only thing that works well is primary/backup but even then you will have issue when the IP first changes.
yes I can connect repeater via ethernet cable. I just want to dual wan for downloading big files only not for game

TRENDING THREADS